Thread: P1682??? Tbss

Tuner in Training

P1682??? Tbss

Driver 5 Line 2

I have this code and no idea what could cause it. My truck is stock asside from a tune. Been on the latest tune for a couple months with no issues, then this light came on. Any advice? Clearing does nothing as it pops back up.

Thanks

Senior Tuner
    Your ETC is powered by 2 different ignition voltage supplies, the computer is sensing a voltage differance of more then 3 volts between them. Check all your fuses to make sure they are good, then have a look at the ETC connecters. If you dont find something simple there, you are going to tracing through all the related wiring.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks mecanicman, I will check.

Another note, when I go to turn the ignition key, sometimes it hessatates before it cranks and sometimes I have to try several times before it cranks. Maybe an ignition switch issue?

Also, I have been on here for years, but lost my login info so I am not new to tuning or HPTuners.

Yep im thinking key switch/wiring to key switch.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Senior Tuner
    Quite possible as one of the feeds is provided by the ignition switch, and its not like gm never has problems with ignition switches..............lol

Tuner in Training
    I'll take a peek. I hope its not a switch issue. Truck only has 38k on it.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BADS335 View Post
    I'll take a peek. I hope its not a switch issue. Truck only has 38k on it.
    actually its really common on the TBSS for the switch to go bad, most likely thats what wrong, just replace it, they are not that expensive and easy to get to.

2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS AWD with boltons GP tuned
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 LTZ RS Vermount Stade 0 tuned

Tuner in Training
    Update: It was the switch. Fixed! Thanks guys!