Thread: Battery drained overnite

Battery drained overnite

Hi, newbie here. New with HP Tuners, tuning in general. I have a 2007 GMC denali and installed a Magnuson Supercharger. Re-hooked up the battery which was the last step. Ran into a problem trying to upload the supercharger tune to my truck because I did not have the latest Beta version of HP Tuners. Finally got the latest Beta loaded on my laptop the next day and tried to load the tune to my truck but the battery was nearly dead. I had nothing on in the truck, key was out, doors closed, etc.
    I measured the current draw and it showed about 2.5 amps which is about 50 times more than should be.
    I disconnected all connections involving the supercharger and still wants to draw 2.5 amps.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot,
    John

Advanced Tuner
    is the intercooler pump hooked up correctly ? did you add an in-line fuel pump and wire it correctly ?

I hooked up the pump according to the directions. I have not confirmed that their directions are correct. However I have disconnected the pump and everything else associated with the SC.
    I did not add an in-line fuel pump.
    I recharged the battery and now it is drawing about 5 amps with nothing on. WTH is sucking up the current? It's about the same draw as having the brake lights on, so not a trivial amount of current. Should be almost no current draw with everything off.
    I don't get it.

Put a test light in line to the battery, then start pulling fuses, when the light goes out, or really dim, you have the drawing circuit narrowed down. Then start looking at things on that circuit.

Hey, not a bad idea, I will give that a shot!