Thread: Can you give me an opinion on my tune ?

Can you give me an opinion on my tune ?

Originally 2000 LS1 vette. Transplanted LS6 motor, injectors, maf.
    Running mild cam 207/220 571/578 with roller rockers.
    LT headers, Vararam, 3.42 gears and a Yank SS3600 stall

I made the tune by copying over the Z06 fuel and airflow tables to a stock 2000 tune. The trans numbers were taken from an earlier tune.
    Ran well and over several passes was consistent within .05.

I would love to hear your suggestions.

Senior Tuner
    whats consistant within .05? Cause it isnt your fuel trims..... also none of the supplied .cfg files work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    whats consistant within .05? Cause it isnt your fuel trims..... also none of the supplied .cfg files work for me.
    Thanks for looking at it.

elapsed times...critical for a bracket racer. Which cfg fille do you want? What is the exact name?
    Last edited by futuretech; 10-08-2011 at 04:40 PM.

Senior Tuner
    You have 3 posted .cfg files, none of them would open with scanner. I was able to view with imperial config. Your tune needs a lot of work, your fuel trims are out by quite a bit. I would suggest buying a wideband and dialing in the maf and ve tables. 69lt1bird has a good how to in his signiture. Your fueling is out by 20% or better in most places, wot shows out but without widband cant see how much. You have your work cut out for you.

You have 3 posted .cfg files, none of them would open with scanner. I was able to view with imperial config. Your tune needs a lot of work, your fuel trims are out by quite a bit. I would suggest buying a wideband and dialing in the maf and ve tables. 69lt1bird has a good how to in his signiture. Your fueling is out by 20% or better in most places, wot shows out but without widband cant see how much. You have your work cut out for you.
    When you say "out" is this rich or lean?

Senior Tuner
    lean

Here is the config file I beleive you need. I don't have wideband. Anybody that can help online to get it close?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Anybody? I am considering going back to the default 26lb inejector settings. Will that richen up the mixture?

I am going to buy wideband but want to get the LTFT closer before that.

Senior Tuner
    What do you mean go back to 26# injector settings? Did you get new injectors? You need the proper data for what ever injector you have. You have fallen prey to the idea you can steal data from a corvette file and make it work for your mods. It does not work that way, you cannot cheat in this manner. If you had put in a stock z06 engine you may have been fine. But cam, headers, and intake are all going to change the values from stock anything. Now it you put z06 injectors in, that is the only data you can copy straight accross.
    You can dial in your low and mid speed ranges using fuel trims, but WOT can only be done with a wideband. I suggest you buy the wideband and tune the whole setup that way, its easiar. Your maf curve and ve table need to be reworked to match your engine.

Here is a link to lt1bird guide. Read through it and understand it. Get a wideband(plenty of writeups on here to guide you to which one is best for you). If you have any questions along the way, ask. Plenty on here that have done it.

http://ls1tuningguide.com/tuninghelpfiles.php

What do you mean go back to 26# injector settings? Did you get new injectors? You need the proper data for what ever injector you have. You have fallen prey to the idea you can steal data from a corvette file and make it work for your mods. It does not work that way, you cannot cheat in this manner. If you had put in a stock z06 engine you may have been fine. But cam, headers, and intake are all going to change the values from stock anything. Now it you put z06 injectors in, that is the only data you can copy straight accross.
    You can dial in your low and mid speed ranges using fuel trims, but WOT can only be done with a wideband. I suggest you buy the wideband and tune the whole setup that way, its easiar. Your maf curve and ve table need to be reworked to match your engine.

Here is a link to lt1bird guide. Read through it and understand it. Get a wideband(plenty of writeups on here to guide you to which one is best for you). If you have any questions along the way, ask. Plenty on here that have done it.

http://ls1tuningguide.com/tuninghelpfiles.php
    Great advice. I was tryingto borrow a tune and modify. Better get the wide band. If I use wideband (and learn, read, follow instructions) can I epxect to get close to a dyno tune? Any suggestion on a wideband from your perspective? I need to upgrade to pro too.

Senior Tuner
    If done properly, your tune results should yield a overall improvement in performance and driveability. Dialing in the fueling can be done on the street/track just as well as the dyno. It is harder to dial in the last little bit on the road, but if you make a lot of 1/4 passes you can use that feedback. Any innovate product or the ngk afx. Afx is probably cheaper then any other choice and easily available, summit sells it.