Thread: Issues with vehicle not revving passed 2500 rpm, Truck idles decent

Tuner in Training

Issues with vehicle not revving passed 2500 rpm, Truck idles decent

Truck is a 2001 GMC Yukon 6.0l 4l60E auto DBW with egr delete, a cam, headers , cat delete

ECM-P01
    PCM-12200411
    OS-12212156

Before the tune it was able to rev higher than that but after the tune it just doesn?t rev passed 2500rpms. The idle is decent which could use some improvement but the main issue I?m trying to fix is the rev issue. Took it for a drive and it drives decently it?s just not going passed 2500rpms.
    Last edited by Truckgmc00; 07-07-2023 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Adding info

Post the tune and log files.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I will get the log files shortly.
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you payed for that tune, I feel sorry for you. They literally did almost nothing to it and nor did they tell you that you probably needed larger injectors with a header/cam on a 5.3.

Lots of things aren't done. There is zero tuning for fueling. Stock MAF curve, stock VE table, stock power enrichment settings.

It's got a 900rpm idle and they slapped a bunch of timing in it for wide open throttle. The master switch for the EGR is still enabled too, but you do require older software to turn that off. So I can't fault you on that one.

I see nothing in the tune that is going to stop it at 2,500rpm. You could have massive misfires or a huge fuel problem from the pump if it just won't rev up. Or even the exhaust is plugged. If it revs in neutral to 4,000rpm or so, then you have a problem with it underload only.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Appreciate it for taking a look at it , so do you think the egr would be cause for it ? cause it will drive pretty much “normally” but it won’t go over 2500rpm which is about 30mph. The only code it shows when scanner is pulled up so egr code then when it is cleared using the “clear codes” it spikes up rpm’s for a little bit then code appears back on then it drops a little of rpms but still idles around 800-900 rpms.

I had been looking and seen something about “torque management>torque abuse” tables and changing setting on there but I don’t think that would have anything in to do with it.
    Last edited by Truckgmc00; 07-06-2023 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Truckgmc00 View Post
    Appreciate it for taking a look at it , so do you think the egr would be cause for it ? cause it will drive pretty much “normally” but it won’t go over 2500rpm which is about 30mph. The only code it shows when scanner is pulled up so egr code then when it is cleared using the “clear codes” it spikes up rpm’s for a little bit then code appears back on then it drops a little of rpms but still idles around 800-900 rpms.

I had been looking and seen something about “torque management>torque abuse” tables and changing setting on there but I don’t think that would have anything in to do with it.
    Nope. Check the normal stuff.
    1. Disconnect the MAF. Start it, let it idle for a minute and drive it. If it runs good you have a MAF issue. Reconnect and clear codes.
    2. Same thing but with the MAP. Same result.
    3. Pull out all the O2 sensors and drive it. If you get another 1 or 2 thousand RPM it is likely you have a plugged exhaust. They sound like a giant vacuum cleaner at WOT.
    4. Get a fuel pressure gauge and check FP at WOT. Should be a minimum of 50psi.

Senior Tuner
    I mean...a log of the problem?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    I mean...a log of the problem?

2001 GMC YUKON XL 1500 Luxury 6.0L V8 log.hplGMC YUKON 6.0L LOG FILE.hpl

Tuner in Training
    the problem is its not reading the from the tac module to the throttle body im leaning towards the wrong os. Its like the computer overides the tac and isnt letting it communicate to the throttle body.

TIS.pdf

That is not ANY of the OS and subsequent systems for that VIN. Not a single one. Can't really give you directions other than get with someone that has SPS/Techline Connect and put in the correct OS for you and start over.
    I could do the factory programming for you. Or you could go local.
    Last edited by TheMechanic; 07-09-2023 at 03:00 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah that?s what I had seen after a while of trying to diagnose the problem. It looks like they just slapped any tune on there.

So the next thing is , I found the correct os from the Same year and model but from a 2001 Yukon 5.7l with a 4l60E vehicle but the only ID that would match would be the transmission ids.

Is there a possibility that would work? I could just change the displacement un engine tab and change etc table to 1

Don't know. All I know is if you have a VIN it should be correct in every single way INCLUDING the Operating Systems that are NOT shown in HP tuners.
    Maybe someone here can be more informative than I but I would always start with the correct OS complete so you don't spend a buttload of money chasing issues that are are software related.