Thread: 0411 PCM running the LT1

0411 PCM running the LT1

I'm building up an LT1 for my project '94 Z28 (I bought it as a shell so I am foraging for all kinds of parts). I already have a 2002 Chevy Express van pcm and I plan on using it to run the LT1. I thought I saw somewhere on the webbernet that someone had done this, using the stock Optispark and all. Initially I wanted to run coil-on-plug, but the 24x system is pretty expensive, and since I won't be driving the car that much, the stock Opti should do ok.

Any recommendations on how to do the wiring? I am also putting in a 97-02 dash with a 2001 Z/28 cluster, and I know some stuff is read from the databus...will the Express Van OS accomidate this? I also plan on running the linear EGR setup, however I will need to find a remote pedestal. Any recommendations on that too?

Advanced Tuner
    Ben Charles and I are both running 24X LT1's. I've not heard of a way to run a 411 with the optispark. You would need a converter of sorts to convert the opti 360 pluses to 24 the 411 wants to see plus cam sensor. The 411 is coil on plug and I have no idea how you are going to get the coil pack signals to work with the opti.... If you figure all that out I would be interested to see the results. I know the 24x stuff is expensive, but, I can tell you taht it does work.

I'd be running the 2002 Express Van OS, which still uses the Vortec 5.7 and normal dizzy. I know the crank reluctors between the Vortec and the LT1 are the same, so I know the crank triggering will work as it should.

Advanced Tuner
    My 94 didn't/doesn't have a crank reluctor, the 96 LT1 did for misfire detection, OBDII.

Ah....found my answer.

http://www.ls1lt1.com/forum/pcm-tuni...dded-opti.html

Turns out the Opti by itself won't work with the 0411, which is something I sorta expected.

For that 24x setup, how much of a difference do you notice?

EDIT - Yeah, I know about when the tone wheel came into play. I'm building the LT1 from pieces I'm getting from CL and ebay, but *would* be putting the 96-97 timing cover and reluctor into it.

EDIT two - Brainstorming here. Couldn't I mod the timing cover with a Hall-effect type of cam sensor (a la 3800 Series II) and position a magnet on the cam gear?
    Last edited by sandrock; 09-27-2011 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sandrock View Post
    Ah....found my answer.

http://www.ls1lt1.com/forum/pcm-tuni...dded-opti.html

Turns out the Opti by itself won't work with the 0411, which is something I sorta expected.

For that 24x setup, how much of a difference do you notice?

EDIT - Yeah, I know about when the tone wheel came into play. I'm building the LT1 from pieces I'm getting from CL and ebay, but *would* be putting the 96-97 timing cover and reluctor into it.

EDIT two - Brainstorming here. Couldn't I mod the timing cover with a Hall-effect type of cam sensor (a la 3800 Series II) and position a magnet on the cam gear?
    id go with the 96-97 timing cover setup