Thread: Explanation of DTC tags

Tuner in Training

Explanation of DTC tags

Hey Guys,

I have read the entire diagnostic section of the HPT manual and still have some questions that I cannot seem to answer myself with Google or the forums and searching / reading. so hear it goes.

When reading trouble codes there are tags at the end of the line like (current), (SES), (Immature), & (old). Can I / we all get a explanation of what these mean?

I just am uncertain if I should worry about codes that are listed now as (old). My normal code reader (not HPT) doesn't even pick up on these codes at all which leads me to think they are historical. However a full explanation of the diagnostic tags would be greatly appreciated.

thanks so much !

Chris (I realize I have asked this in other threads, however without answer to this specific question).

Interested in the answer to this as well...

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    This is one of those things that you might be better off learning out of the text book. You will learn alot more and have a better concept of the OBD 2 system. Dedicate 2 days or so to go back and fully absorb it, as the DTC processes differ slightly between manufacturers. If you have one specific code giving you trouble list it's status & history, and mabey someone could help you out with it. As far as the rest just research: OBD 2