Thread: dod delete kit misfire 1,4,6,7

Tuner in Training

dod delete kit misfire 1,4,6,7

i install in my 2010 silverado 5.3 dod delete kit and there are a misfire in clynder 1,4,6,7 i disable the dod but still the misfire shown up

any tips
    Last edited by viper2fast; 09-23-2011 at 11:52 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    all the dtc'c for dod need to be turned off also or the ecm defaults to 4cly mode
    2010 camaro L99, Magnacharger TVS 2300, 415ci LS3,Kooks long tubes, yank ss3200, 3.73 rear

Verify that you have the latest BETA for your car. I had this issue and the latest BETA release helped this.

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by camaro1 View Post
    all the dtc'c for dod need to be turned off also or the ecm defaults to 4cly mode
    He's correct, turn off the D.O.D. system and the codes for it. You'll get all 8 cylinders back.

Potential Tuner
    Having a similar issue on a 2005 5.3. Using the latest beta.

Changed over the hard parts. Disabled DOD in the tune. There are no codes for DOD (they are set to 3 - no error reporting from the factory). Still rolling over misfires on the DOD cylinders.

What else can I try?

make sure you check the engine hardware, engines with DOD the camshafts have different lobes for the DOD cylinders.

If the engine is genuinely misfiring that is likely your problem.
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner
    Has this been solved yet? I just deleted the AFM/DOD Mechnically and purchased HP Tuner 6011 getting ready to tune it out. Hopefully I wont run into the same problem...