Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Invisible Trac Control

Tuner in Training

Invisible Trac Control

This is on a 09 G5 2.2 Auto.

My tuner disabled all torque management but some type of traction control still seems to be there when i try and spin.

The car will take control of the throttle even tho im WOT. 15 secs or so the car will go WOT.

Any help?

Need log and tune to help.

Tuner in Training
    ok ill ask him to post.

torque management is not the same thing as traction control. disabling one doesn't disable the other.

Advanced Tuner
    There is a traction control in the engine tab and transmission tab from what I remember. Make sure he disabled both.

Tuner
    I'm the one tuning his car, and it never seems to do it when I am in the car
    Seems to be random, last week he said he that he was pretty sure it was gone and then this week it came back
    No logs as of yet because it never happens with me in the car and HPT hooked up.
    Here is some screen shots

Advanced Tuner
    What about under the engine tab? I dont have my HPT computer with me at work but I thought there is one there too. Maybe under the trq management? Not too sure right now, I will look when I get home and see if I am making this up or not. lol

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HNRClothing View Post
    What about under the engine tab? I dont have my HPT computer with me at work but I thought there is one there too. Maybe under the trq management? Not too sure right now, I will look when I get home and see if I am making this up or not. lol
    Only a/c stuff there.

Advanced Tuner
    I dont have a 09 tune so I cant tell you if it does or not. On the 07 tune there is a traction control setting the the TQ Mngmnt tabe under engine on the right..... I guess could be different...

Post tune.
    Last edited by HNRClothing; 09-23-2011 at 10:44 AM.

Tuner
    Looked at it tonight, he saws it only does it when its wet out. Could not get it to do it on dry pavement.

Played with a few things, and got some really weird results. Thinking the battery MAY be going out on it. I'm gonna give him my scanner for a few days next week to see if we can catch it in action

sorry to thread jack but i searched and didnt find anything, are the 2.2s unlocked now i saw theres a stock file for 07 in the repositroy?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes they are ^

Ryze any word on this? Post the tune. Or atleast post the stock tune somewhere so we can look and maybe figure it out.

Tuner
    sorry.. my memory sucks

here it is

You have a little torque managment left in it still.

Engine-Spark-Advanve-minimum final spark TQMGT This is what your timing does when you hit torquemanagment. You may have gotten rid of it but it is a table that has to do with torque mangment

I would also lower the amount of timing it pulls in your IAT Correction table. I bet your pulling timing from this table already.

You still have a limiter on the throttle body Opening rate. It will not open to 100% until 2400rpms. set all to 100. Airflow-electronic throttle-opening rate

Shift patterns X and Z still have limiting factors, I didnt look to see which one you use but i usually zero out all three patterns to be sure.

Thats about all i have time to look over right now. Make those changes and see if its still doing it.
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph

Tuner in Training
    It also only lets me get to 1800 RPMs when i load it up.

Thanks for the changes

That is most likely where your torque converter is commanded to engage. I dont fully understand how you adjust that, if you can electronically. I know it works with other tables as well and you can damage the converter if you adjust it wrong. Maybe someone can chime in on that.
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph

Tuner
    Its probably just the stall rpm of the converter. Just the maximum amount of "slack" that can be taken up by the trans fluid on between the pump and turbine. If ya wana change that you have to cut it open and play with it.
    That something I've tried to work with while doing break launches by managing brake torque management. Seems to always manage it even when I disable TC or pop up the hand break one click to disable it.
    I have many logs showing that happen since it cuts the throttle back down to around 35% for the brief moment between loading to stall rpm and releasing the brake. After that the throttle is open to 100%.

Its sorta similar to what you've got going on. I can't seem to find where this invisible control is coming from.
    We'll have to wait on the scan log. I'm curious too cause I wana see if its acting like what I've got going on with the brake launching
    Last edited by viceroykarl; 10-13-2011 at 04:36 AM.
    2006 Cobalt SS LE5 | ZZP 2.5" Downpipe | ZZP Cams | HP Tuned

Tuner in Training
    But if i let up on brake pressure it goes to 2300 RPM (which i thought was my stall #)

you still have brake tqmgt enabled.
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    Im pretty sure I've got it disabled unless there is something in another tab/menu I missed. Ive got it disabled and maxed out the table that goes with it.

nhanson's settings have it disabled too but the table is set at 86 ft. lb across the board. (not too sure if that makes a difference)

@nhanson: I forgot the same auto trans is used in the 2.2l model cobalts
    I think that when reading around for docs on this trans I saw something like 2.4k stall
    Last edited by viceroykarl; 10-15-2011 at 01:16 PM.
    2006 Cobalt SS LE5 | ZZP 2.5" Downpipe | ZZP Cams | HP Tuned