Thread: New ECU - TPS 100%

Tuner in Training

New ECU - TPS Always 100%

Hey all. My ECU went out in my 05 vette, and I got another one. I got a friend to use the Tech2 device to reload the standard vette O/S.

My issue is now I am getting codes P0122 and P0222. My VCM scanner says that TPS is at 100%, thus cutting all fuel on start up so the car won't fire the injectors.

Bill told me awhile back that the tech 2 had to write the O/S on one chip, and the electronic throttle information on the other. I am not sure if that is related to my issue. I have checked all grounds and can't figure out whats going on. I can't find any voltage on the TPS connector either.

Any help would be awesome!!

EDIT: BTW, the ECU is the same part number but is from an Envoy. That's why I was wondering about the electronic throttle info on the 2nd chip.

Also, even if I go manually set TPS in VCM Scanner, there is no change.

Also ECT is reading -40.. might be tied together?
    Last edited by 2005vetteTT; 09-17-2011 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 2005vetteTT View Post
    Hey all. My ECU went out in my 05 vette, and I got another one. I got a friend to use the Tech2 device to reload the standard vette O/S.

My issue is now I am getting codes P0122 and P0222. My VCM scanner says that TPS is at 100%, thus cutting all fuel on start up so the car won't fire the injectors.

Bill told me awhile back that the tech 2 had to write the O/S on one chip, and the electronic throttle information on the other. I am not sure if that is related to my issue. I have checked all grounds and can't figure out whats going on. I can't find any voltage on the TPS connector either.

Any help would be awesome!!

EDIT: BTW, the ECU is the same part number but is from an Envoy. That's why I was wondering about the electronic throttle info on the 2nd chip.

Also, even if I go manually set TPS in VCM Scanner, there is no change.

Also ECT is reading -40.. might be tied together?
    I'm no ECM expert, but, that's typically what the scanner reads when you fry one..... Good luck on your issue though.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Tuner in Training
    so basicly the ECU I got was already toast..? My old one fried and it wouldn't connect at all (overheated due to being right above the turbo in 100 degree weather). I've spent $300 in this ECU (not including the price of the ECU), I sure hope it's not already dead

so basicly the ECU I got was already toast..? My old one fried and it wouldn't connect at all (overheated due to being right above the turbo in 100 degree weather). I've spent $300 in this ECU (not including the price of the ECU), I sure hope it's not already dead
    Yeah, do a search and see what comes up for fried ECM's. Sounds like that one is done for though
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Doubtful is a fried pcm. I don't have much experience with either of the codes its throwing but neither of them are related to frying a particular pcm. Usually P0606 is the only code that truely lets you know theres an issue. P0122 is just a TPS code.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

i would check all fuses and wiring first. you should have 5V to all the sensors and should see varying voltage on the signal wire when you move the throttle blade or pedal.

P0122 is a TPS Low Voltage code
    P0222 is a Pedal sensor Low Voltage code
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    Ah! so there is hope.. Thanks for the insight guys!

I didn't mean to be a downer. I'll do some research for you. Check your ground on your wiring loom that feeds the throttle too. Is it saying reduced engine power?

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Tuner in Training
    Yeah, I'm assuming it's saying reduce engine power because the throttle issue. I checked ground to my ECT sensor, it's there.. but the other side of the sensor isn't pushing any voltage. TPS I can't find a ground nor voltage so somethings up.

I'm going to cut the 5 volt ref. and grounds to both sensors right after the ECU and check if they are getting distributed correctly.

Any way you could have the primary pin set ground not making contact in the ECM? (The one in the connector.)

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Hey if the ECT is reading -40 you might possibly have a shorted out ECT sensor. I know the E38's flip out if you accidentally crack the oil pressure sensor.... So possibility?

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Tuner in Training
    When I checked voltage to ECT pigtail, 0 volts from the one side. Checked the other pin for ground and it has ground so I don't think its the sensor

I'll be up early in the morning for more diagnostic fun! Thanks for all the input.

Tuner in Training
    Didn't get a chance to check the voltage today, but I did think of a question I'd like to ask you all..

When your TPS sensor is unplugged, it will throw that code (P0122) correct? But when a TPS sensor is disconnected, it reads 0% TPS and the car will start. My car reads 100% even tho unplugged or plugged in, there is no change.

As you can see from the log, the pedal position % works fine, but the TPS always reads 100%.. even commanded through the scanner at 0%.

This is why I was thinking the guy didn't flash the electronic throttle information for the corvette on my PCM. Please let me know what you think!

Didn't get a chance to check the voltage today, but I did think of a question I'd like to ask you all..

When your TPS sensor is unplugged, it will throw that code (P0122) correct? But when a TPS sensor is disconnected, it reads 0% TPS and the car will start. My car reads 100% even tho unplugged or plugged in, there is no change.

As you can see from the log, the pedal position % works fine, but the TPS always reads 100%.. even commanded through the scanner at 0%.

This is why I was thinking the guy didn't flash the electronic throttle information for the corvette on my PCM. Please let me know what you think!
    Man that's FUBAR. do you have a Tech2?

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Tuner in Training
    Nope. Had to pay a guy $200 to come out.. he was supposed to flash O/S and throttle info.. I don't know if those are in the same flash but he only did one.

Nope. Had to pay a guy $200 to come out.. he was supposed to flash O/S and throttle info.. I don't know if those are in the same flash but he only did one.
    Sounds like he ether didn't do it right, or back to my original statement, fried it while doing the write.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Tuner in Training
    Fixed it. My J2 connector doesn't latch tight enough causing some sensors to be perfect and others not to be connected!

Fantastic. I'll make a mental note of that

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray