Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm trying my best to help a friend tune a 2009 Supercharged Dodge Challenger but...

I'm trying my best to help a friend tune a 2009 Supercharged Dodge Challenger but...

I'm trying my best to help tune a friend's 2009 Supercharged Dodge Challenger but I have no idea what people are using for tuning software. I was told I could buy Diablo CMR 300 software but when I checked on the price I was quoted $5000... Seriously? Now that's a bunch of bull. So what are people using to tune Dodge? Diablo Sport handheld won't tune a supercharged setup. My friend and I live in North Georgia and we can't find a CMR tuner anywhere near to us. We tried doing mail order tuning but this car needs to be tuned at the strip. We tried calling and emailing "Injected Engineering" which may have it and located near Atlanta, GA. but we are now afraid to use them as they never returned any email or call. If only HPT tuned Dodge the problem would be solved!

If anybody has a copy CMR or know of a solution please let me know.

Tuner
    Conact Sean via SCT Tuners he has tuned dozens of hemis, including my hemi swapped dakota. No transmission tuning available but at least you can drive the car!

Yup, SCT Advantage III DCX, is about your only option. It works,,,,,,mostly. Oh but you need a separate scanner. I use autoenginuity's scan tool.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rdubord View Post
    Yup, SCT Advantage III DCX, is about your only option. It works,,,,,,mostly. Oh but you need a separate scanner. I use autoenginuity's scan tool.
    No it's not. If he already has a Diablo, finding a CMR tuning facility will be a better option and he wouldn't need a separate scanner.
    Jaime

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFartC6 View Post
    I'm trying my best to help tune a friend's 2009 Supercharged Dodge Challenger but I have no idea what people are using for tuning software. I was told I could buy Diablo CMR 300 software but when I checked on the price I was quoted $5000... Seriously? Now that's a bunch of bull. So what are people using to tune Dodge? Diablo Sport handheld won't tune a supercharged setup. My friend and I live in North Georgia and we can't find a CMR tuner anywhere near to us. We tried doing mail order tuning but this car needs to be tuned at the strip. We tried calling and emailing "Injected Engineering" which may have it and located near Atlanta, GA. but we are now afraid to use them as they never returned any email or call. If only HPT tuned Dodge the problem would be solved!

If anybody has a copy CMR or know of a solution please let me know.
    If you were in the Charleston area I could help you out.
    Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    No it's not. If he already has a Diablo, finding a CMR tuning facility will be a better option and he wouldn't need a separate scanner.
    With SCT he could do it at his home/business, and not have to hope a Diablo CMR tuning facility is nearby!

Wow, I've been to the SCT site but didn't see a thing about tuning Dodge. I will go back and look closer. As far as scanning goes I have the Diablo Logging software. I also have an SCT hand held device but may not work for Dodge???

If you were in the Charleston area I could help you out.
    Thanks for the offer but you are too far away. Frankly I wouldn't mind taking a long road trip but Bud (Dodge dude) owns a tire and muffler shop and can't get away for very long.

Also, there isn't a CMR tuner anywhere around here probably not for 100 miles.

With SCT he could do it at his home/business, and not have to hope a Diablo CMR tuning facility is nearby!
    Absolutely, and one of the biggest problem is that we need to tune it at the drag strip with his slicks on.

I just want to thank everybody that tried to helped us out.

Headed over to the SCT site now!

Bummer!!! SCT apparently only works on 1996 - 2006 Vehicles. The Dodge I'm trying to tune is a 2009.

This is a quote from their site:
    Whether you're a pro racer or simply a DCX performance enthusiast looking for custom tuning software for your 1996 - 2006 supported DCX vehicle, SCT's Pro Racer Package is exactly what you have been searching for.
    Any other ideas?

C'mon HPT just give me a timing table. Bagging Bagging please please please (with sugar on it)!!!

Potential Tuner
    The only shop that can tune your car the correct way is arrington performance aka shop hemi in virginia.diablosport cmr can not acsess the tables that are needed to tune your car correctly.arrington has proprietary software that they use.give them a call.i had a tuner with over 15 years experience and he could not tune my 2010 r/t using cmr.arrington is well known in the hemi community and can tune any hemi up to 2013,even if its a vvt hemi.i stumbled upon your post and didnt want to see you go threw the headache i did with tuning.trust me arrington performance is the answer.good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by HEMI View Post
    The only shop that can tune your car the correct way is arrington performance aka shop hemi in virginia.diablosport cmr can not acsess the tables that are needed to tune your car correctly.arrington has proprietary software that they use.give them a call.i had a tuner with over 15 years experience and he could not tune my 2010 r/t using cmr.arrington is well known in the hemi community and can tune any hemi up to 2013,even if its a vvt hemi.i stumbled upon your post and didnt want to see you go threw the headache i did with tuning.trust me arrington performance is the answer.good luck.
    It's not my car but a friends. It's a Kenny Bell Blower. We contacted Kenny Bell and sent a LOG file showing the knock retard. They said they had a bunch of these systems running and wouldn't make a software change even though they could see the problem. They sent a larger pulley but wouldn't adjust the software. I found that to be ridicules. Didn't please the owner too much either. Now I'm thinking they may not have the ability to make the changes we need from what you said about the CMR software. The owner said he will never buy a Kenny bell product again or buy a car that you can't tune. I seriously doubt if he would drive the Virginia to get his car tuned and I know he would NEVER do a mail order tune.

We found that in order stop the KR he has to add 2 gallons of 104 Octane to 3 gallons of 93 octane. He hates having to add racing fuel but it is a viable workaround.

Thanks for the heads up on the CMR software not working either.
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    600 HP Edelbrock E Force Kit
    No other mods

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HEMI View Post
    That's a great advertisement, although very misleading. Arrington is not the only place that can tune these and the software they are using is the B&G software along with Diablo CMR. I think you are trying to take advantage of this guy.

Diablo CMR is penty capable of properly calibrating his friends 09 and that 2010 you spoke of. (I have done several) Please advertise your products somewhere else.
    Jaime

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFartC6 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on the CMR software not working either.
    The CMR does work. It is the same software used by Kenne Bell, and Edelbrock, and Procharger, etc.
    Jaime

That's a great advertisement, although very misleading. Arrington is not the only place that can tune these and the software they are using is the B&G software along with Diablo CMR. I think you are trying to take advantage of this guy.

Diablo CMR is penty capable of properly calibrating his friends 09 and that 2010 you spoke of. (I have done several) Please advertise your products somewhere else.
    Interesting!!! Thanks dude!
    I'm afraid now he is so ticked off from getting screwed by some mail order dude a while back I doubt if he will do anything now. Darn shame because all he needs is 1 or 2 degrees of timing pulled in the right places. He would trust me but probably no one else at this point. I just wish I could borrow a copy of the software or find someone with it to go to the strip with us some time.
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    No other mods

Potential Tuner
    ElecTech is correct. The 2009 challenger can be tuned no problem. I've done a couple thousand Hemis with the Diablo software including dozens of 09 challengers, dozens of kenne belle blowers, and 1000+ whp builds which include boosted 09 challengers. I've tuned your exact application plenty of times with zero issues. Hell I've even done em through E-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoold U View Post
    ElecTech is correct. The 2009 challenger can be tuned no problem. I've done a couple thousand Hemis with the Diablo software including dozens of 09 challengers, dozens of kenne belle blowers, and 1000+ whp builds which include boosted 09 challengers. I've tuned your exact application plenty of times with zero issues. Hell I've even done em through E-mail.
    Have you looked at the Kenny Bell tune? I'm curious what you do differently than Kenny Bell.
    We have talked to Kenny Bell a few times and all they could do is recommend a larger pulley to reduce the KR. They say they will not make a change to the tune even after we showed them the log data with KR present. Their reply was that they have hundreds of them running perfectly. We also performed every test they asked for just in case there was some other problem causing the KR. Also, he has spent a small fortune trying to get it tuned by local shop that just doesn't know what they are doing. Instead of pulling timing they added timing and leaned the fuel. Just the opposite of what needs to be done.

Anyway, he has given up and I have lost my drag race pardoner. He and I have always gone to the strip together. Now that his car has KR he doesn't want to go because he's afraid of blowing the engine and he thinks every tuner out there is stealing his money. Oh well that's the way it goes.
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    No other mods

Tuner
    If all you need is a few degrees timing removed, just send me the file and tell me where to remove it and I'll take care of it for you. I'm a Diablo CMR tuner for Dodge.

Quote Originally Posted by Overkill View Post
    If all you need is a few degrees timing removed, just send me the file and tell me where to remove it and I'll take care of it for you. I'm a Diablo CMR tuner for Dodge.
    Thanks, I will be talking to him in a few days. He had a terrible family tragedy as his wife passed away two weeks ago so things are probably on hold for now. It will take some time I'm sure.

Frankly, I'm not sure how to get the file in and out of his PCM. I will have to do some research on that. He has the Diablo sport and the cable. I have the Data viewer program and the DS Downloader program so hopefully that is all I need. I'll shoot you a PM when he is ready and I figure out how to get the file into my laptop.

Thanks again!!!.. and if we see an improvement I will bet he'll sends you an appreciation$$.
    2006 LS2 Corvette
    Automatic
    2.56 gear
    No other mods