Thread: Knock PID?

Tuner

Knock PID?

Anybody get a PID working to look at KR on the hemis? If so please share, I can't get anything to work. Most of the other sensors are working, but knock is all I want lol

Senior Tuner
    It works, but it is an enhanced PID and has to be defined for each OS so if it hasn't been defined yet, it will not be available. I know it works on many of the 06 car applications, but I'm not sure of any others. I know they have defined about a half a dozen or so OS's. You may need to delete the OS file in your VCM folder to force it to re-poll for available PIDs.
    Jaime

we have it defined for around 180 OS's so far. Post up you OS and i'll check
    I count sheep in hex...

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    we have it defined for around 180 OS's so far. Post up you OS and i'll check
    Well there you go. They've been doin' work!
    Jaime

Tuner
    I have a 56028935AF

Tuner
    I guess I wasn't one of the 180

try 2.24.55 or later (available tomorrow).
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    try 2.24.55 or later (available tomorrow).
    Thanks Chris will do. Do I need to uninstall my old VCM Scanner software first as stated above so it updates correctly?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty05 View Post
    Thanks Chris will do. Do I need to uninstall my old VCM Scanner software first as stated above so it updates correctly?
    You don't have to uninstall the software, I was saying to delete the .os file that matches your vehicle. You will find it in "Documents/HP Tuners/VCM Scanner/Vehicles" folder. These will be a list of all the vehicles that you have connected to and scanned. Find and delete the file that matches your truck, then connect you scanner again and it will re-poll for the available PIDs.

You may not have to do this after you load the update, but if it doesn't re-poll, then this will force it to.
    Jaime

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    You don't have to uninstall the software, I was saying to delete the .os file that matches your vehicle. You will find it in "Documents/HP Tuners/VCM Scanner/Vehicles" folder. These will be a list of all the vehicles that you have connected to and scanned. Find and delete the file that matches your truck, then connect you scanner again and it will re-poll for the available PIDs.

You may not have to do this after you load the update, but if it doesn't re-poll, then this will force it to.
    Thanks for the explanation!

Tuner
    Just snagged up .57 I'm going to go play now. Thanks for the help guys.

Tuner
    Still unsupported for Knock. Let me know when .58+ is out lol

os 56028781AF looking for KR