Thread: GMT900 PE and AFR- What the hell?

Tuner

GMT900 PE and AFR- What the hell?

Why is this?

The before log is stock.

The after log is some minor TM work and tried to lean up PE by setting the EQ ratio to 1.147 across the board.

Why did just changing the EQ ratio affect the commanded AFR ratio all the time? LTFT's also jumped.

It's only been fueled with 91 (best available in this area - can't get 93), so the alcohol stuff shouldn't be coming into play.

Is the gas station I filled up at selling E10 or something as 91 or am I missing something

Sorry for the long logs.
    Thanks,
    Brandon

Dud you change any of the PE Enable settings?
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Tuner
    Nope, just the EQ ratio for gas.

I meant to post the stock tune for comparison, here it is.

Disable your cat test.

Russ Kemp

Tuner
    Russ

Cat test - Do you mean COT? I know that it's still enabled and set to 1.33, but would that affect the commanded for the whole time? That log's like 30 min long.

Just confused why in the before, it looks exactly like you'd expect it too, then the after acts like it's running E15 or something...

Thanks for the responses.

Tuner
    So, for curiosity, I set the stoich for 0%-50% alcohol to 14.58, logged, and it was commanding 14.58 and the ltft's settled down to about -3%.

So I'm guessing either the two different gas stations I've used are selling something as 91 that isn't 91.

or

Some additive in the gas is throwing off the fuel composition calc's.

or

For some reason this thing can't identify what fuel it has in the tank.

Any other options I'm missing that would explain this?

Thanks,
    Brandon