Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rough idle issues

Tuner in Training
    What did you mess with on the idle timing?? did you advance?? retard?? smooth?? im having A Similar issue.

I tried to make a thread to help with rough idle and timing tables, I got mixed ideas on it. Some were saying to lower timing and smooth, others were saying raise timing and smooth. My suggestion is check your idle cells in the 20% to 40% load areas in the Spark tables and MAF Correction tables. Make sure there isnt any huge differences between these load sections at idle rpm. There will be a difference slightly when you turn the AC on causing a higher load but the difference should be within 5% or i start to have issues. For example in my table MAF correction 30%load is 1.007, then 40% "ac on" is .9922. This is in the 800rpm range and is just as close at 1000rpms
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph

Tuner in Training
    I just posted in your other thread before seeing your response over here. It looks like my timing advancement is very high in the low RPM and low load cells. And it doesn't show any MAF correction down there. (I'm mostly having the problem with cold starts) i did a cold start log and the timing seemed eratic on the charts. Ill post the log if someone could tell me how. (I don't know how to post a log on a forum.) lol.

Try the tables I posted and make sure your MAF is properly adjusted.