Thread: 2011 Sierra 6.2l trying to remove TM..have professional tune...isn't working right

Tuner

2011 Sierra 6.2l trying to remove TM..have professional tune...isn't working right

I have a professional tune and despite being told that the TM is removed, it still pulls timing on the shift. Overall the truck does drive much better, but shifts still take a long time. Long hesitation on the down shifts too. I have looked at the tune from midevel1 from his 07 escalade and there are some major differences in shift pressure and stuff. I don't want to blindly start changing stuff, but appearantly it isn't being addressed in the tune I now have......
    Maybe thesubfloor could help me out if your listening????
    Midevel1?
    One of the others who are really knowledgable about this?

I have attached the tune and log that is in the truck now and it does seem to be better than stock, but still not liking the shifts. I do tow a 9000# trailer with this thing but only about 12 times a year. I can put a different tune in for towing if needed.

I am a little concerned that he has not changed any of the shift times or shift torque factor tables.

Thanks!

Tuner
    got a 2nd tune from the tuner to further reduce the TM.... only briefly ran this tune....... felt really BAD!!! felt like it took forever to shift and would shift, then kind of slowly drop rpm.... hard to describe, but suspect that the commanded shift time was just way to long....

Tune and log attached.
    thanks!

Advanced Tuner
    Yes thesubfloor or midevil1 would be better options than what your professional tuner is doing.

Difference from 1 to 2 was that he disabled upshift TM. Nothing else.

Tuner in Training
    If you want you can go into my "tow/haul mode" thread and look over my tune. The truck drives great with it, although i have currently changed just my shift times and the truck does seem faster with the minor change. I am going to let Waker make me a TCM tune when i get the cash, he is very helpful with these 6spds

2008 6.2/6L80e swap

Trans > Auto Shift Properties > Shift times > Shift Time Torque Adder Section: Try 0.250 msec for the Up Shift Normal and Up Shift Special tables. Try .200 msec for Down Shift Normal and Special Tables.

On adjusting the shift pressures I would try with lower shift times first, as the TCM does adjust pressure for the lowered shift times. If you do have to adjust pressure for a firmer shift you will be adjusting the Base Shift pressure - Pattern X section. Try adding 10 psi accross the Shift Pressure table, Log delivered TQ so that you can see where in the Base Shift pressure table it is and also Trans Current Gear. This way you can go back to the shift pressure table and modify if it to firm or to soft.

For Torque Management the Upshift torque reduction is disabled already but you can disable Power Downshift and set Speed Crt Terminate to Immediate.

Ian
    2008 Corvette A6 - Comp Cams 231/239 617/624 109 ICL 113 LSA, Patariot Extreme Dual Springs .660", Milled .30" Stock LS3 Heads, Mahle -4cc pistons, FTI 3600 Converter, 1 7/8 kooks cat-less 3 inch X-Pipe, air raid intake, ported TB, SLP Loudmouth I. 512hp/464tq

2011 Ford Taurus SHO - stock with just a Tune

The TCM is still learning during those first miles, right? At least that's what I've experienced. Each time I reflash, the shifts are sluggish at first and seem to take forever and the TC is slow to lock as well.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Might want to drive it a few miles before you judge the tune.
    1968 Bel Air Wagon
    L92/6L80E

Tuner in Training
    Good info

2008 6.2/6L80e swap

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by madvette08 View Post
    Trans > Auto Shift Properties > Shift times > Shift Time Torque Adder Section: Try 0.250 msec for the Up Shift Normal and Up Shift Special tables. Try .200 msec for Down Shift Normal and Special Tables.

On adjusting the shift pressures I would try with lower shift times first, as the TCM does adjust pressure for the lowered shift times. If you do have to adjust pressure for a firmer shift you will be adjusting the Base Shift pressure - Pattern X section. Try adding 10 psi accross the Shift Pressure table, Log delivered TQ so that you can see where in the Base Shift pressure table it is and also Trans Current Gear. This way you can go back to the shift pressure table and modify if it to firm or to soft.

For Torque Management the Upshift torque reduction is disabled already but you can disable Power Downshift and set Speed Crt Terminate to Immediate.

Ian
    Thanks for the info. I will try it. Which of my tunes are your refering to..... the 1st one or the 2nd? The 1st one is what is in my truck now and feel decent. The second one didn't feel good at all so I took it out.

Does the upshift TM diable button completly disable it or do I still need to change things in the Adder tables below it? I read that there were some issues with the Beta and the shift pressures... Does it appear that there are those issues in my tune? I still have to do another comparison to the factory tune to see if they were modified.

I did drive around for a few miles prior to logging. I was told there is a learning process.

Thank you