Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: INFO: 3 bar MAPs on Stock LNF base file

Quote Originally Posted by Kelu View Post
    IS 3,5 psi, not 7 psi, ECU sees 25psi with stock sensors, only HP Scanner is pegged, not our ECU.
    I disagree. Note this stock sensor table data. I also remember Bill from GMPP (More_Torque_More_HP) posting that there is some headroom on the sensors for diagnostic purposes.

Even if they are 2.75 bar, the range is limited to 255 kPa or ~22.2 psi boost after subtracting 1 ATM. Notice the circled data for the upper range from a stock tune. Anything over 255 kPa in the mani is out of the range it can communicate to the ECU.

The range high is 286 kPa in the GMS1 file FWIW. (~26.8 psi boost)

Last edited by Iam Broke; 09-01-2011 at 08:18 PM.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

The only thing is everything is load referenced, not boost. So it honestly doesn't matter..

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    The only thing is everything is load referenced, not boost. So it honestly doesn't matter..
    Except for the WG table. Though honestly if you're good you dont really need that table and you could do it all by air load. Air load is what makes you power and not boost anyways. Though I would still rather have the WG table setup right as insurance, and because it would make boost spikes less drastic and shorter lived.
    1994 Mazda Miata turbo, aero, hoosiers Class=SSM

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!

The WG table is percent and load, not boost.

Advanced Tuner
    Then I'm taking both my tmaps out and plugging the holes. Just think how much weight I'm gonna save off the front of my car!!!

Yeah, I know, I'm a dick.

lol. You are on a roll lately, everything ok man? lol

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    zzp ruffled his feathers on cobalt network
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah somebody called me ignorant over there. Hella lolz. I wonder how they found out?

That place is crazy, it's like the wild west, pimp my ride, girls gone crazy and spring break all in one forum!

Quote Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
    Yeah somebody called me ignorant over there. Hella lolz. I wonder how they found out? ...snip
    I told 'em.

I saw that, he was upset by what you said. Sometimes the truth hurts lol. Ive talked to Vince a bunch and he even admitted he's a programmer and OK tuner, NOT a tuner tho..

Advanced Tuner
    I saw that, he was upset by what you said. Sometimes the truth hurts lol. Ive talked to Vince a bunch and he even admitted he's a programmer and OK tuner, NOT a tuner tho..
    That's nice to hear. I'm sure he's a nice guy, and obviously knows programming, which I know NOTHING about. I DO absolutely appreciate what he's done for E69 tuning, I know he's responsible for a lot of what we have to work with. Tell him Thanks from me and I'll try to be nicer!

I know if we talked face to face he'd admit what I've said has been the truth. My intentions were never to "bash" Vince, my focus has always been to help the community. I've seen tunes and logs that made me actually feel bad for the guys driving those cars and paying for those tunes, that's why I spoke up. I'm NOT in the tuning business, so it's not like I'm trying to take profits away from him and turn them towards me. I have a good job, I don't need another one. I also understand that most guys just get a "canned" tune and it's EXTREMELY HARD to get a car running good without AT LEAST a dozen tune and log sessions, be it in person or over emails. I've gotten our other two Sky's dialed in damn near perfect with less than a dozen tunes and logs, but that's after 714 different tunes and I don't know how many logs in my Sky! I actually went 3 weeks recently without trying something new, I think that's the longest I've gone without trying something since I got the Sky! Like we all know, when you're the one actually driving the car you're tuning and logging, you can make a lot of progress and learn a lot. When you've got 35 years of "tuning", training and experience you can learn and discover even more. My whole gripe with Vince is he should have left the tuning part up to somebody that knows that part of it. Or just sold the program and hardware and concentrated on discovering more tables in more ECM's. Just think how far we'd all be if he devoted 100% of his time to programming only. We'd have so many E69 tables we wouldn't know what to do with them all!

Sorry to jack your thread Tom, I figured there is a tidbit of relevant info in there somewhere!? And Thanks for the heads up Nick, I appreciate it. I don't like hearing I've made someone upset, that's not my goal in life.

That place is crazy, it's like the wild west, pimp my ride, girls gone crazy and spring break all in one forum!
    I thought it was girls gone wild? lol .... sounds like a fun place to go though.. haha
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph

^ im pretty sure someone bashed you for posting in the lnf section, but i told them you had a full lnf swap and they were like oh, lol

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet08 View Post
    I thought it was girls gone wild? lol .... sounds like a fun place to go though.. haha
    Yeah you're right, it's wild not crazy, silly me. BTW, how did you know? You don't watch that stuff do you? lol.

I "happened" onto the off-topic forum on there awhile back, there was a guy asking questions about if what he did to some girl the night before would get her pregnant. OMG it was friggin' hilarious! WAY too much information about how many "pumps" and sh#t like that. There was another titled "Puberty Sucks". I swear the average age on that forum must be 20 or so! The 'Hot Chick" thread is pretty funny too. It's amazing to me the differences in all the online forums. I'm thinking as I type this that what I just wrote might be too much for this forum, but on a forum like the Cobalt one you can say ANYTHING. I come here to learn and help others out when I can, I go to forums like that when I need a laugh.

Yeah you're right, it's wild not crazy, silly me. BTW, how did you know? You don't watch that stuff do you? lol.
    Nahh virgin eyes over here lol.

Ok we are getting a little off topic haha
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelu View Post
    IS 3,5 psi, not 7 psi, ECU sees 25psi with stock sensors, only HP Scanner is pegged, not our ECU.
    Your thinking on the 25 PSI is not quite right. 25 PSI is the max that they write to the LED on the DIC, that's all it means. The sensor see's a much higher number, at a much lower resolution. It's all in the datasheet. So for higher resolution a 3 bar sensor is req'd. I'm not sure about the 255 limit, but I'm thinking that IAB is correct. FYI 255 is exactly 8 bits. So it would make sense that 8 bits is all that's allocated for it on the bus. And we now have control as to what the 8 bits mean via the new tables as of march or april of 2011.

Sorry, I just had to chime in because soon people would start thinking and saying that the ECU only see's 25PSI, and that's just not true. Nothing personal.

My 09 SS/TC is stock right now. Can I just use HPTuner/VCM Suite, buy the 3-bar 55206796 MAP sensors, and buy the CED harness kit, and load the 3-bar settings you posted to get the same effect as the GMS1 kit?

You can definitely do that and the car will work just fine. Problem is, you will however need a gms1 calibration or a custom calibration to actually make the car faster though.
    09 Cobalt SS - E47+EFR6758 =

07 Silverado ECSB LBZ Duramax - Bunches of goodies

Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    My 09 SS/TC is stock right now. Can I just use HPTuner/VCM Suite, buy the 3-bar 55206796 MAP sensors, and buy the CED harness kit, and load the 3-bar settings you posted to get the same effect as the GMS1 kit?
    Yes you can but you won't see increased boost until other tables are modified. There are less turbo nannies in the stock base tune than the GMS1. I recommend people do just what you suggest and build upon it.

Once you get the sensors & data in there, you can copy GMS1 tables for DAL's & timing & build from there on your sensor modified stock base file.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakotec View Post
    You can definitely do that and the car will work just fine. Problem is, you will however need a gms1 calibration or a custom calibration to actually make the car faster though.
    no factory tune files with altered map data run higher numbers on the same dyno than a gmstg2 flashed into the same vehicle without moving it.
    make a factory file 3 bar conversion and fully tune it....now without moving it flash a gmstg2 and copy and paste the tune parameters before. adjust the minors as necessary and i bet you 85% of the time the factory altered has higher trq output with the bonus of less non-user commanded output effects(ie: overspool control, trq nanny, corner load dampening is less........goes on)

if you were saying that and i miss read it im sorry
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman