Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Here Is A Tune

Advanced Tuner

Here Is An LNF Tune

Since everyone always wants all of the answers, and no one can figure stuff out on there own, here you go. This does not have idle done up, but that is because I had to wipe my hard drive, and the car this file is for is not local and it is a jump between when we can both sit and work on the car at the same time to dial it in proper. This is an initial test file that I quick whipped up from scratch for him. I have not even seen a log for this file yet. There will still be some prop gain changes, Spark Table changes, possibly OP Spark table changes (depending on what the customer wants), and some Wastegate Table changes, along with possibly DAL table changes. Of course Idle will be changed from stock, and any other table that will help make the car drive like the customer wants it to. Don't mind that some of the safety tables are temporarily disabled. I'm sure people will give me crap for that. There is specific reasoning on why I do what I do.

ASK QUESTIONS!!!!!

Everyone will copy this tune and save it, but I guarantee that most of you will not ask a single question. I will also bet money that the so called "pro tuners" will all copy my stuff, and what is funnier is I am sure that some of them will say I copied their stuff. Hahaha yeah right! The only person I have compared tunes with and shared ideas with has been Bill and CSSOB, and that is because I trust them to not steal anything from me, and they are always there to compare brains and ideas.

Base File.hpt
    Last edited by MikeM173; 03-26-2016 at 11:17 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Id like to know what you're idea was with your PID tables. You've almost literally taken the integral and derivative out of the picture?

Also, did you run into any kind of idle or part throttle/daily driving issues with setting up your optimum torque the way you did? Your OS table is rather aggressive too but I wonder if it has more to do with trying to regain responsiveness based on the cam profiles you're running? I remember when I tried similar profiles, the car felt a bit more sluggish.

Pretty cool stuff Mike!
    09 RY Cobalt SS Coupe - 19K miles - Bolt ons + 7163 ZFR, HP tuned on ethanol

Sold - 09 SRTC Cobalt SS Sedan
    Totaled - 09 VR Cobalt SS Sedan
    Sold - 09 RY Cobalt SS Sedan

Advanced Tuner
    T-Man,

I will do a write-up on exactly how the PID control work. Honestly though, I have zeroed out the derivative and integral tables and ran amazing tunes. It is a lot to explain on how it works, but I'll break it all down. I explained it all
    To CSSOB one day, so if he remembers he can chime in, though I would rather do a write-up. I literally just woke up, and am going to help a buddy change his clutch, but I'll see if I can do some write-ups tonight.

I had zero issues with optimum torque, and honestly, those are close to stock, and kind of mild. I've ran it at all 100%, though you won't really see any change in results with that table. I did that to smooth it over some.

The OS Tables are mild in nature and offer for a better reaction to pedal feel. Not sure where you thought they were aggressive? Maybe because the table is not smooth? If that is why then please re-read my post on OS. If that is not why, please explain again so I can give you an answer.

The Cam Tables I like to run for several reasons and they do pretty well. They are not the best for every application, but then again, most people do not ask for a tune and then want 60mpg plus 600whp. Yes I know both numbers are exaggerated.

Oh, I almost forgot. The Prop Table is not a complete table. There is a lot of power still in that table that I have not unlocked in this tune. I did that because it is a baseline for a car I am not with that previously had some issues. This is a rough draft of a perfect tune. I usually have a bit better stuff but this is still pretty good in my opinion and is better then most people will do up.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYONE COPYING MY TABLES AND DESTROYING THEIR MOTOR. I designed and changed around some other stuff for specific reasonings, and some tables will be completely changed when all is said and done.

Advanced Tuner
    The Injection Angle Table I used in this file is Bill's. If I see a need to change it in a file I do, but I wanted to give him credit since it is definitely his and not mine.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    the best description for pid controllers is actually on wikipedia.

proportional controller is the fast responding unit of the pid specs. integral is usualy used as a time based reset to the proportional control and derivative is a one time bias control.
    problem is int and der are used for bigger systems that act really slow but boost is a fast responding system so you can run it as proportional only due to the speed of the system.
    there are a few ways to tune those features so dont take it as the only way to do it.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM173 View Post
    T-Man,

I will do a write-up on exactly how the PID control work. Honestly though, I have zeroed out the derivative and integral tables and ran amazing tunes. It is a lot to explain on how it works, but I'll break it all down. I explained it all
    To CSSOB one day, so if he remembers he can chime in, though I would rather do a write-up. I literally just woke up, and am going to help a buddy change his clutch, but I'll see if I can do some write-ups tonight.
    All good. Thank you for sharing.

I had zero issues with optimum torque, and honestly, those are close to stock, and kind of mild. I've ran it at all 100%, though you won't really see any change in results with that table. I did that to smooth it over some.
    I will have this give this a shot. After sharing some things with Bill, he suggested I try maxing the table and I never did like how the car reacted. I'm sure there was more to it than I was willing to refine.

The OS Tables are mild in nature and offer for a better reaction to pedal feel. Not sure where you thought they were aggressive? Maybe because the table is not smooth? If that is why then please re-read my post on OS. If that is not why, please explain again so I can give you an answer.
    Obviously every car will be different but here's what I mean. In comparison to mine, yours is vastly more aggressive everywhere. However, I'm assuming it's due to the cam table differences

Mine
    OS table.PNG

Yours
    Mikes OS.PNG

Oh, I almost forgot. The Prop Table is not a complete table. There is a lot of power still in that table that I have not unlocked in this tune. I did that because it is a baseline for a car I am not with that previously had some issues. This is a rough draft of a perfect tune. I usually have a bit better stuff but this is still pretty good in my opinion and is better then most people will do up.
    I'm content with my Prop table. I'm hitting full boost in .6-.7 seconds. Any faster and I think I'll start breaking stuff

Thanks again for taking the time

Advanced Tuner
    T-Man,

Keep in mind that my row and column values are different in this tune on a lot of tables, which helps keep things smoother, so make sure whatever table you are looking at that you compare that as well.

As for the Prop Table, this table is a lot more then just turbo spool. There is a lot of power that can come from this table.

Trust me, my OP Spark tables are mild in comparison to what I have run and they are very nice where I have them in this tune. More aggressive would mean a lot more power is still able to come from here as well. ��

CSSOB is correct though, the system we have does not need all three to control it. I will cover it more in detail in my next write-up.

I feel sorry for anyone who copies my tunes

Advanced Tuner
    This is amazing. EVERYONE wants help with tuning. EVERYONE says they need a tune to understand so they know what questions to ask. Over 110 views on this post, and only ONE PERSON asks for some clarification on anything. Hahaha I will bet money that some of my stuff ends up in other people's tunes. And I definitely bet it ends up in the "Pro Tuners Tunes". I'm sure not everyone will jack some of this, but I'll bet money that some people will. This is why I never posted before.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    exactly why i stopped offering any new information
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuning Addict
    I've got a question

First thing is I noticed you really like everything really flat or smooth. I personally did average your cam table to the one I all ready had to fix some "fish biting" I was getting at constant light throttle on a bigger AM turbo setup with comp stage 2 cams - just found out from the customer today that it had those Thank you for that - also doesn't feel like I lost a "whole lot" of mid range feel doing it this way, but did with your exact table...

My question is, because I obviously don't understand everything that controls boost as I've got one right now that's not cooperating when I thought I understood it a little, I can not get this thing to cooperate with the boost. It will make the correct boost on the first pull, then consecutively drop boost off every pull after that. Starts at 22 to 25 psi, drops to 15psi then to 10 then levels off at 5 to 10psi. I noticed yours pretty much has everything in the boost controls maxed out. SO how are you controlling boost? Is it just via air load and optimal spark?

Thanks Again Mike,
    Greg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Advanced Tuner
    I mostly use DAL and Wastegate DC. My wastegate table is not 100% accurate in this tune. Keep in mind that I had to wipe my hard drive and this tune was created from scratch, with zero logs. Well not the whole tune from scratch. I had some info to go off of, but no info to control boost. Odds are I will have to change the Wastegate table to fix that issue. Optimum Spark controls the electronic pedal. Think of it that way.

Advanced Tuner
    This is amazing. EVERYONE wants help with tuning. EVERYONE says they need a tune to understand so they know what questions to ask. Over 110 views on this post, and only ONE PERSON asks for some clarification on anything. Hahaha I will bet money that some of my stuff ends up in other people's tunes. And I definitely bet it ends up in the "Pro Tuners Tunes". I'm sure not everyone will jack some of this, but I'll bet money that some people will. This is why I never posted before.
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    exactly why i stopped offering any new information

HEY, HEY! I'm trying here!

Seriously though, thank you both. You guys (and a few others - Bill, GMT, etc.) have helped me to "complete" the puzzle on a few different theories and tables. Really appreciate it.

Also, I don't do the whole remote tuning for monies thing. I tune my Dad's car and a buddies HHR in Illinois and my car will always be the guinea pig
    Last edited by T-Man; 04-01-2016 at 12:57 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    T-Man, I'm not worried about you. Heck, I wouldn't have discussed things with you about tuning off of the page if I didn't think you were a decent guy.

im new to lnf tunes but is it normal to run the spark tables the way you did? Same with the DAL table

Advanced Tuner
    I'm not sure how anyone else runs their tunes, but I promise mine is better. Keep in mind that Spark Tables will be different depending on which fuel you run, and where you are located.

Advanced Tuner
    I shouldn't say mine. Bill runs his Spark Tables in a similar manner.

i wish my 09 2.2 had nice small timing tables lol. how do you go about doing the vvt tables? thats one thing i cant really find much info on.

Advanced Tuner
    That's how it is adjusting the cams. My cam tables are perfect. The are the ultimate smooth, but I don't have them setup for absolute performance or fuel economy.

so what i wana know is + numbers advance and - numbers retard the cams correct?