Thread: Z06 auto converted won't rev on the foot brake

Potential Tuner

Z06 auto converted won't rev on the foot brake

I've owned the car for about 6 weeks now. I've had it to the strip four times now. I've had HP Tuners for a few weeks now and mainly purchased it to change my shift points and to log in hopes of learning the computer side of tuning. I've been a long time Blow Thru turbo guy, so I'm not new to tuning cars.

This issue I'm having is while on the foot brake, if I move the throttle too quickly, the car will cut cylinders and pull timing back to about -6 to -7 degrees. If I transition the throttle slowly, this does not happen. But when I do try a slow transition with the throttle, it will cut cylinders and pull the timing at 2500 rpm every time. It makes it a pain in the ass to try and do a burn out in the water box (no line lock yet), and launch the car, especially since I can't launch it above 2500.
    In park and blipping the throttle this does not show up.

I've compared several tunes for auto cars on the repository, but I haven't tied any differences together. My hope is this is something really basic that was overlooked during the conversion and tune from the previous owner.

It's a 383 8.5CR, D1SC Procharger on 14lbs of boost. LVL 5 4l65E RPM trans all options, Precision 2800 tripple disc, and cam specs are unknown other then it's a really mild sounding supercharger cam.

At frame 230 on my log is when I try to do a burn out in the box and by frame 234 you can see it start to pull the timing.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Corey

Kind of a newb at this as well, but sounds like torque management to me.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RSTinOKC View Post
    Kind of a newb at this as well, but sounds like torque management to me.
    Thanks. That was one of the first things I changed when I got the car, set everything to zero and disabled abuse mode. I might be backwards, but it looks like thats how it should be setup for a strip car.

Senior Tuner
    As it appears you have disabled every other form of torque management, go Engine-Torque Management-General-Spark Retard-vs Torque Reduction and 0 out that table. It is the master, with it zeroed torque management does not work period.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    As it appears you have disabled every other form of torque management, go Engine-Torque Management-General-Spark Retard-vs Torque Reduction and 0 out that table. It is the master, with it zeroed torque management does not work period.
    That seemed to help alot with the quick throttle transition and pulling the timing back to -6. The car still won't rev past 2500, it looks like it goes pig rich. I just did a quick log in my drive way on the foot brake.

At frame 280 is when I start to go hard against the foot brake, frame 291 is peak rpm, and then the big drop in frame 292, which is not caused by my foot, I'm still increasing gas which you can see by the TPS %. I'm wondering if the event could be related to the map peak.

Attached is my new log and tune.

Any ideas are much appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Corey

Tuner
    Try the ETC TPS MAX tables...try raising those figures, if you have electronic throttle.

Tuner in Training
    I have run into this before and if i remember correct it has to do with the abuse mode. Put it back to stock and try it to see if the problem goes away.

here's what you need to do:

1. set the ETC TPS Max table to 100% everywhere
    2. set the ETC injector disable to 255 everywhere
    3. set the spark retard vs Torque Reduction to 0 (this will disable all spark tq mgt)
    4. set the Torque Loss % vs Spark Retard back to stock values
    5. Set the abuse mode RPM to 8000 and the speed to 0
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner
    Well, I just left two black patches in my drive way when the car blew past 2500 and broke the tires loose on its way to 4000 before I reacted haha. I think it will clean up so my wife doesn't string me up. It looks like at 2800 when the wheel speed showed up.

Things I changed from last night.

ETC TPS table to 100% everywhere.
    ETS Injector disable 255 everywhere.
    Set abuse mode speed to 0. It was 2mph.

I want to thank you guys for taking the time to provide feed back This was very frustrating at the track

its a sad day when a Z06 can't lay rubber

glad you got it sorted!

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...