Thread: '04 GTO LS1 Idle

Potential Tuner

'04 GTO LS1 Idle

I just bought this car and don't know what has been done to it. It runs great if you keep your foot in it. It runs like crap under 2k. It bucks in 6th gear at 60mph and the same in every gear under 2k basically, idles up when slowing down (at times), and sometimes idles so low I think it is going to die.

I have been reading post after post about the hole in the TB plate needing to be bigger for a bigger cam. I don't know if this car has a stock cam or not. I bought it with 65k miles and didn't expect it to have anything done to it since it didn't even have an aftermarket cold charge filter on it but something is obviously not right. I should have putted around in it when I test drove it I guess. Not me, I had to scare the salesman.

I taped the hole closed on the TB plate and ran it until I worried about loosing the tape. It actually ran pretty good. Would someone drill this hole out too big or adjust the TP out of wack?

Potential Tuner

Cleaned the TB

I cleaned the TB which had some build up and adjusted it to close more. I'll check it tomorrow to see if it did any good since I can't drive now.