Thread: Tuner killed my radios

Tuner in Training

Tuner killed my radios

http://www.regalgs.org/topic/48530-monsoon-went-beserk/

That is from the regal forum but I have tuned my 2003 regal and since i have had beta even scanning will kill the radio. I also tuned the fiancee's 98 concert sound euipped regal and her stereo is dead too and I am getting tired of listening to her complain. Is there a way I can do something with the HPT setup and bring the radio back or has this even been a known issue on here.

Advanced Tuner
    Hey Greg, I just upgraded to the Beta, One issue I hear the stock radio click and it resets the time to 01:00. the radio is ok after that.
    another issue, the MPVI tells me I already have credits for my car and then clicks off. Unable to tune......
    I was asked to try a new USB cable.......
    I only to Beta to help my sons car.
    The Regal has been laid to rest..... rust
    Now have an 06 Lucerne with the 3.8 and wishing HPT would cover that car
    Loved my 2001 Buick Regal GS.
    With more than 334,000K, 3.4 & 3.6 pulley, Change stats and pulleys with the seasons, Upgraded grounds & power wire, Volt booster, Caspers timing commander(AKA happy knob), Spectra intake-fender wall, PLog, 3" DP & 2.5 exhaust, HPTunner 12" Impala duel piston front brakes, New trans,GMPP suspension... yada, yada...

Tuner in Training
    Ya it did the 100 thing for me too but then it completely killed the radio after that. Good news is I found found a nice dual din for a good price to redo mine but not hers yet but waiting to hear back on one this am though but was seeing if anything can be done or what to save money on her car

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    Quote Originally Posted by GeoJB View Post
    One issue I hear the stock radio click and it resets the time to 01:00. the radio is ok after that.
    another issue, the MPVI tells me I already have credits for my car and then clicks off. Unable to tune......
    Have you tried pulling the radio fuse before you scan or attempt to write? Another shot in the dark would be to see if you can communicate with/write to the vehicle with the key in the ACC position instead of RUN position. Has worked for some....
    Last edited by Dr. Nopps; 08-24-2011 at 03:14 PM.

Might need to do a "battery reset". Some accessories on the bus don't reset when told to by the MPVI. Your's may be one of them.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner in Training
    the fuse thing did the trick now i have a somewhat happier fiancee lol