Thread: Logging distance, aka miles from the VSS?...

Logging distance, aka miles from the VSS?...

Searched and didn't see anything regarding being able to monitor/log distance traveled. With the .001 resolution of time in the logs, being able to log distance from the VSS could make for quasi 1/4 mile slips, (pending the gear ratio, tire size, and VSS pulses per mile are set correct), approx strip ETA's with MPH, 60' times etc, could be logged, of course on a closed course.

Anyone have a PID for distance?

I have recently thought about this as well, I just haven't played with the Scanner yet to see if I can set it up. I however did not have that idea in mind for it, but i kind of like it. haha
    Caution:Slow Learner

I did find that the VSS itself can be logged as a PID, setting it up/configuring/programming the PID to record as miles or feet is beyond my ability.
    Last edited by BRAAPZ; 08-14-2011 at 05:38 PM.

It's fairly simple really... you would need to know exactly how many pulses it takes to travel 60', 1/8mile and 1/4mile to generate some data. Each application would be different due to tire and gear's. Also if you spun at all it would skew the data as well unless you hook the speed sensor up to the front ABS and don't pull the front wheels on launch on the street haha.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400