Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Boost Limit Enable/Disable settigns for CTS-V?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@G-Force View Post
    Sometimes you have to manually disable the P-valve (wastegate).
    Bringing up the dead!

I just had to do it after I dropped to a 2.4" pulley on my STS-V. I have the bypass shut off via the tune but it still was dumping boost manually anytime I was at 11psi or more for any length of time. On a WOT run I would get to about 106mph and 178kpa and it would dump. I knew something was not right so I looked at my log files and verified it would dump a pound or two at a time until it would steady out at about 8-9psi.

Update: Turns out I had massive belt slip. The belt was so bad on the underside is was shiney. It had so much shellac build up that it did not dust or make any noise so when I checked it I thought it was ok. Changed the belt and ta-dah, not slip and no boost loss.
    Last edited by PGA2B; 11-11-2012 at 11:04 AM.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm