Thread: What is a VCM Suite infolog and why is it so Important when contacting support?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

What is a VCM Suite infolog and why is it so Important when contacting support?

Anytime you contact support its in your best interest to include a vcm suite infolog while connected to your interface(and preferably the vehicle) in question this is to ensure that we have all the necessary info to try and effectively diagnose your issues.

Well what the heck is an infolog you ask? The below screenshot covers just about everything

Well how the heck do I gather said vcm suite infolog you might ask? Well, its in the help file but just in case you missed the directions

Step 1:

To obtain a VCM Suite Info log, please use the VCM Suite Info form found in both the VCM Editor and VCM Scanner programs under the help menu.

Step 2:
    Click the blue i to poll the software and the vehicle for info.
    Note: Make sure your cable is connected to the vehicle and the vehicles key is in the ON position before you click the blue i.

Step 3:
    After step 2 has completed (can take between 5 and 20 seconds) you are ready to save the info.
    Click the blue file to save the info log. This is the file that you will need to e-mail us.

Well what the heck is a debug.dat file and what does it do? Basically it just gathers all the communication information between our software and the vehicle and records every byte of that information for troubleshooting on our end.

Where can I find this file? Very simple, its found in your My Documents-HPTuners-Settings folder

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 01-08-2016 at 01:20 PM.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"