Thread: LE5 Scan and tune

Tuner in Training

LE5 Scan and tune

Here is my most recent version of my tune and my last scan. As a result of the scan i made some MAF changes in the high Freq to get the fuel trims back in line. I still have some irregular knock bursts that i am having trouble eliminating. Though once the high freq MAF adjustment take affect i hope that will help.

well please review and make suggestions. I want to get the fueling and timing straight then start tackling cam settings. so any suggestions there would help too.

Thanks Everyone!!
    2006 Pontiac solstice L2.4 LE5 LSJ Throttle body (larger), AEM CAIntake, Cat Delete, Newb tuner

Tuner in Training
    new scan. fuel tuning is just about done. It's a MAF only tune, sincei as yet cannot fathom how the VE tuning works.
    I had considered moving the power enrichment to 13.5:1 since i saw somewhere that you get the best NA power there, but noticed the stock PE is 13:1 then goes up to 12.5:1. Has anyone tried a leaner, though still less than stoich, mix for power on a NA?
    2006 Pontiac solstice L2.4 LE5 LSJ Throttle body (larger), AEM CAIntake, Cat Delete, Newb tuner

Tuner in Training
    oh and for those who care I have been experimenting with the VVT table from other 2.4NA's and i believe the Solstice to have the most aggressive profile. That also follows given power/fuel milage estimate for the various 2.4's

Tuner
    Since i've got 2 more days to fool around im going to try changing the power enrich fueling at ratios between 12.8 and 13.2, normally i've run 1.140 across to get 12.9 with a little bit of an increase of richness at the top end and its worked pretty well. Gona have to see how this works out though in terms of kr pulling timing and if its more beneficial to run around 12.8/9 with a little more spark advance or run a bit more lean and have a bit less spark advance.
    2006 Cobalt SS LE5 | ZZP 2.5" Downpipe | ZZP Cams | HP Tuned

Tuner in Training
    i am already running 25-26* of timing advance at WOT and seem have all my knock problem straightened out. The chart i saw was for an LS1 motor. Giving 12.9 as best for forced induction and 13.5 and best for NA. I wont have a hcance to do any more testing until sunday so i am interested to see your results.

It's hard t weed out all the FI info and get to the useful stuff for those keeping cars NA.

Tuner
    Well I did a few runs today and found that the timing I had to pull out netted me about the same but a little less power than just running at 12.84 afr with more advance. Though I only run about 20 to 21* on the top rpm area. At 13.2 i had to tone it down to between 9 and 14*

Though i dont really know whats up with my knock retard, I can be running stock timing and it'll still be giving me KR. My spark advance for the HO table is actually a few degrees less than stock since it'll pull out even more timing and give me terrible and slow runs. Though the stock PE table runs it a bit richer, somewhere i think up to 12.4 afrs.

In the log attached its 2 test at 12.84 afr. there is a few spots in there where KR takes out like 1*

EDIT:
    I know remember why i started doing 12.8-9 afrs. It was to keep my IDCs from going over 80%
    EDIT:
    I guess my car was being moody again before because now its running 23 to 25 up in the upper range and its fine with it, but still doing the regular take 1-2 degrees out at random game.
    Also i attached the log with a higher afr i forgot to attach for comparison, test68.hpl
    Last edited by viceroykarl; 08-22-2011 at 05:09 PM.
    2006 Cobalt SS LE5 | ZZP 2.5" Downpipe | ZZP Cams | HP Tuned