Thread: TCC locked in 2,3,4

TCC locked in 2,3,4

After driving 20 minutes or so TCC locks and stays locked in all gears
    except 1st.It will unlock if i touch the brake pedal.

After logging i also found PWM current goes to 0 shortly before TCC locks
    Two DTC's-trans component slipping and TCC stuck on.

Looking at trans input and output shaft rpm I see no major slippage
    relative to gear ratio.

Anyone have a clue?
    If the TCC solenoid was stuck on it would not release when brake pedal was pushed no?

PWM solenoid shot?

Trans seems to shift fine otherwise.can any of the v6 guys control TCC clutch with vcm controls in scanner? mine are greyed out. ???

Edit: Codes are maximum adapt long shift and TCC stuck on.
    2000 Impala 3.8
    4T65Ehd 3.29
    VCM ID:7DS739259ui
    VCM OS ID:9387047

Re: TCC locked in 2,3,4

HELP!
    I returned all tables related to trans back to stock and this issue went away,actual shift times through all gears =.2 and no DTC's.

OK now i lower force motor current table 10% and remove half of the TM on shifts.

in less than 10 minutes driving it sets p1811 and my log shows shift times anywhere from .6 to 1.2 seconds.WTF?
    This car has had two different transmissions, this first fried 3rd clutchpack and i rebuilt it. Then I broke the diff. This time i decide to swap an HD from a 99 GPT.
    my point here is with two transmissions and a rebuild they have all shifted much the same(like s*it)
    Am i missing something here? PCS current makes little if any change except i can feel TC lock solid at very low current, shifts dont change.

any v6 guys left on this forum?Jimmyblue?foff?anybody,help :'( ??? >
    2000 Impala 3.8
    4T65Ehd 3.29

Tuner in Training
    Other then the soft shifting. Do you notice any other problems? You made mention of your TCC applying. Are you just stating this to indicate it's working properly?

On your pressure table. Did you raise your max pressure from ~96 to 100? If so, be sure you replace both the positive and negative PWM values with values lower then your 96% Table. By default these values are not used and because of that, they are not programed. Leaving them at the default higher setting will possibly cause the exact problems your describing.

If your TCC is sticking, you may need a new valvebody or repair the one you have. Also: I would strongly recommend you install a shift-Kit.

I did not change max pressure from 96 to 100.
    When TCC locks it stays locked solid in all gears and when shifting like the solenoid is sticking but if i touch the brake pedal it unlocks.(and i do mean solid like a manual trans,wish it would lock like that when i want it to!)

This makes me think it is being comanded on,maybe because of the 1811 code(maximum adapt and long shift).

I installed shift kit(just new acumulator springs and shims)did not notice much of a change in shifts.
    I am thinking it is a valve body issue(maybe boost valve?)but its not an easy job in a FWD,I would rather not pull if to find that was not the problem.

Any line press increase seems to cause the problem.
    1. when it sets dtc 1811 PCS current goes to 0.
    2. TCC stays locked ALWAYS.
    3. shift time goes up
    2000 Impala 3.8
    4T65Ehd 3.29