Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to lower IPW at idle??

Advanced Tuner
    Measures the rpm drop of the engine when each cylinder is cut off. If the rpm doesn't drop as much on a certain cylinder it could be a sign of something going on. Maybe you should double check your pushrod length and rocker arm setup. Maybe the rockers on one side of the engine are lose or setup improperly.
    2000 Camaro SS M6
    11:1 Stock bottom end
    76mm Altitude compensator

#1 fuel injector plug was unplugged (from when I was messing with the rail adjusting the FPR), connected it and fuel trims stay close to 0% on the driverside now, something weird though now the passenger side is around -5 to -10 percent? should I worry about this? I only recorded data to 124 degrees F, probably needs to warm up to operating temps

Again only looking at STFT's disabled LTFT's

This is a real sign of relief

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Advanced Tuner
    That will definitely make a big difference, should idle / start much better! I wouldn't worry too much about the difference until you're fully warmed up and are getting close to dialing the table in.
    2000 Camaro SS M6

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitroused383 View Post
    I didn't have time to look at your log. Are these new injectors? Any chance one of them is plugged or needs cleaning? Maybe even one of the injectors is unplugged or a bad wire? Go for a cruise and stay around 2000 rpm or more and see if they fuel trims stabalize. Sometimes with a cam and long tubes the o2 sensors do not switch properly at idle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    Injectors are brand new, less than 100 miles on them, everything is plugged in, I will check to make sure they are on the correct cylinder just to double check. Wiring harness is a new one from EFI connections.

I will increase the RPM some to see if the fuel trims even out in a little when I go look for a vacuum leak again.
    Lol
    2000 Camaro SS M6

I will never make the mistake of just looking again, lol. Actually put my hand on it and noticed it was Barely even on.

Thanks for your help through this. More questions to come Im sure

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C