Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why does scanner show 158mph at idle?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tiresmokinV8 View Post
    I am using the beta. Ill have to try the non beta, any idea how to go back to the older version? Actually I think you have to use the newest beta version on '10+ ecu's? Something that Ive heard?
    Yes your right, but you should be able to log with the latest non beta version, you will not beable to write or read the 10 wihtout beta. It only takes a minute or so to reload the reinstall the other version.

You should be able to down load the installer for the latest version from hptuners, click on your serial number and you should see the latest version there.

You will need the installer for the beta to reinstall beta when you need it again, your settings will stay the same even when you reinstall it.

If your like me the beta installer is kicking around in your downloads folder.

Advanced Tuner
    Looks like this tune is for an auto. CAGS is all zeroes.

It is, and theres no trans segment swaps on e67 ecus.
    2000 Sonoma Zq8 Extcab
    '08 Ly6 6.0, Nx nitrous plate, TSP vvt-2 cam + more goodies, SW Longtube headers, 4l80e, CircleD 3500 stall, HPTuners, Narrowed 8.8 swap: Moser axles, 3.73 gears, disc brakes, posi. Caltracs. Afco Coilovers
    Best time [email protected] na
    LSx Swap thread http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f213/l...n-name-459831/

Advanced Tuner
    It is, and theres no trans segment swaps on e67 ecus.
    Point is you would be better off with a manual tune. On the platform your tune is from the speedo pid may come from the brake control module.

Then theres no factory vvt equiped gm cars running the e67 ecu and a manual.
    2000 Sonoma Zq8 Extcab
    '08 Ly6 6.0, Nx nitrous plate, TSP vvt-2 cam + more goodies, SW Longtube headers, 4l80e, CircleD 3500 stall, HPTuners, Narrowed 8.8 swap: Moser axles, 3.73 gears, disc brakes, posi. Caltracs. Afco Coilovers

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LSX378 View Post
    Point is you would be better off with a manual tune. On the platform your tune is from the speedo pid may come from the brake control module.
    I am sure he would like to.. there is not a 58x igntion PCM, that has serial data (for the guages to work)

You could use a 2009 CTSV manual trans E67, but I doubt his gauges would work.

He has everything working fine, trucks speedo etc.. jsut the HP scanner won't read the speedo right, no biggie except when maiking certain logs or Histos, it's nice to have the speedo.

Can you change were the default Speedo PID comes from? Maybe thats all that is needed, try and pull the speedo from PCM

The thing that threw a wrench into the mix was finding a tune that runs vvt and has a class 2 data output which is where my wiring/tuner and I came up with the '10 Colorado 5.3 tune. My abs works which uses the front wheel sensors and the trans vss since these trucks dont have rear wheel sensors so it is seeing the trans vss.
    2000 Sonoma Zq8 Extcab

Advanced Tuner
    The thing that threw a wrench into the mix was finding a tune that runs vvt and has a class 2 data output which is where my wiring/tuner and I came up with the '10 Colorado 5.3 tune. My abs works which uses the front wheel sensors and the trans vss since these trucks dont have rear wheel sensors so it is seeing the trans vss.
    OK.. cool, did you try the non beta scaner yet?

I did a similar swap but had NO VSS at all and Chris worked some magic and now I have VSS and its not pegging as most of us e series with manual swappers have faced. Dont lose sleep over it there is an update coming that hopefully might help with this. Otherwise your SOL as Ive stumbled across quite a few swappers with this VSS pegging problem usually LY6/L92 swaps

Not yet, trucks still torn apart to paint the back half of the chassis, upgrade the fuel pump, and mount the battery under the bed.
    2000 Sonoma Zq8 Extcab

Advanced Tuner
    Not yet, trucks still torn apart to paint the back half of the chassis, upgrade the fuel pump, and mount the battery under the bed.
    OK cool, I heard that the VSS can sometimes add miles to the cluster as soon as you turn the igntion on, but yet the speedo stil works properly, have you noticed the miles adding strangely?

Most E sereis computers that I know poeple swap manuls in leave the T42 trans module in, and feed the V.S.S through it. Then turn off all the transmison codes in Hp tuners.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 04colyZQ8 View Post
    I am sure he would like to.. there is not a 58x igntion PCM, that has serial data (for the guages to work)

You could use a 2009 CTSV manual trans E67, but I doubt his gauges would work.

He has everything working fine, trucks speedo etc.. jsut the HP scanner won't read the speedo right, no biggie except when maiking certain logs or Histos, it's nice to have the speedo.

Can you change were the default Speedo PID comes from? Maybe thats all that is needed, try and pull the speedo from PCM
    Such is life with VVT on a manual . GM didnt add AFM or VVT to manuals due to drivetrain roughness on regular cars n trucks.

Am pretty sure Chris could add the option in to change the vss pid source .

Hmm...

Oh and no the odometer and trip arent changing on their own, Id notice when I calculate mpg since my mileage would be huge!
    2000 Sonoma Zq8 Extcab

Advanced Tuner
    Hmm...

Oh and no the odometer and trip arent changing on their own, Id notice when I calculate mpg since my mileage would be huge!

ok good to know. maybe chris can shed some light on it.

Well we should have a fix for this now that we can change trans setting to manual. I did that but nothings changed, Im wondering if its because my vss hi and low are wired into pins 66/67 where they would be on a manual ctsv. Now that we can change the trans setting I want to make sure I have the vss in the correct pins. anyone know what pins this would be on a '10 colorado 5.3 auto e67?
    2000 Sonoma Zq8 Extcab

Is your Vehicle Speed Output Source set to Disabled, REPTOS, or Serial ?

reptos, Speedometer works and always has once I switched it to reptos after doing the swap last year. But the scanner would read 158mph and not allow me to do a crank relearn. Now that we can switch to trans type manual I want to try to get everything working.
    2000 Sonoma Zq8 Extcab

OK ... you have the Vehicle Speed Output Source configured properly - which is confirmed by the Speedometer functioning correctly.

I'm guessing the issues you are experiencing are with the VSS PID itself. I believe the default HPT VSS PID is the generic SAE version. The E38 / E67 have their own VSS PIDs.

Logging the E67 VSS PID should yield accurate data.

Where would that be? I cant find anything for a vss signal other then trans outputshaft rpm.
    2000 Sonoma Zq8 Extcab

Tuner in Training
    Where would that be? I cant find anything for a vss signal other then trans outputshaft rpm.
    Did you get the vss working?
    Same problem here, harness by Current Performance E67 ECM t56
    Dash cluster only goes to 10MPH and HPTuners scanner always reading 158MPH.
    GAS PEDAL DBW doesn't respond at all when I'm pressing the brakes.
    1999 Chevy S10 Blazer 4dr w/2008 LS3 Corvette 6.2L mated to a t56.