Thread: LS2 speedo stops working on WOT

LS2 speedo stops working on WOT

I have a 06 LS2 in a 69 chevelle with the 4L70 trans. I was going over a drive I went on while scanning and noticed my speed doesnt read until I let out of the gas on wot. I also went for another drive and watched the car speedo and sure enough it doesnt work when the car is floored but reads once I let off the throttle. Any ideas??????????

Jeff
    Just another day on the laptop...

The GM OS's in the Trailblazer have had this issue from day one. If you have a TBSS ECM then get used to it. The best shops on the planet have tried tackling the issue to no solution known, to date.

It is UNIQUE to the LS2 and 4L70E pairing in the TBSS. It has been narrowed down to an issue with the input shaft speed sensor unique to the 4L70E trans.

Pat
    "old age and treachery will always over come youth and ambition"
    author unknown

It sure would be nice if there was a way to fix this issue. I don't even have go wot for this to happen. If I leave a stop light with anything over say, 25% throttle, speedo reads zero till I let off and the the needle catches up. It reads zero all the way down the 1/4 mile and through the traps till I slow down to about 80 mph then the needle pops up.
    2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS AWD with boltons GP tuned
    2012 Chevy Cruze A6 LTZ RS Vermount Stade 0 tuned