Thread: Scanner loosing connection

Tuner

Scanner loosing connection

Anybody ever have any trouble logging a wot pull? I have a friends gto that every time we try to do a wot pull, I will loose connection on my scanner and it wont record data. Then I have to exit the scanner and keep trying till it reconnects again. This is the only car that's ever done this to me and I've tuned about 10 car's with no problems like this at all. Any advice? I almost certain it's something to do it the car.

Thanks!

same problem... but not paid much attention to it....

Tuner in Training
    I have had that happen a few times. I tell you what else is weird. When I nail it WOT my passport radar detector goes off and says LASER... It scares the hell out of me even though I know its a false reading. I know that is off topic but kind of along the same lines. I do loose connection also but not all the time. Im always hooked up to the laptop. My scanner does not work which is fine.
    03 Z06 Magnacharger, Borla stingers with XP Stainless Headers,KB Boostpump, 42 lbs injectors, 160 stat. CAI3.TPS Motorsports 427 Shifter. AFX Powerdex wide band. TIC clutch master.Monster stage3 with 18 lbs flyweel. AFX wideband. 10LBS boost. ALKYCONTROL methanol injection. DTE Trans Brace, Built MN6, NGK Iridium 7IX , 2 Bar MAP.
    [email protected]
    www.haysauto.com

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hiperf454 View Post
    I have had that happen a few times. I tell you what else is weird. When I nail it WOT my passport radar detector goes off and says LASER... It scares the hell out of me even though I know its a false reading. I know that is off topic but kind of along the same lines. I do loose connection also but not all the time. Im always hooked up to the laptop. My scanner does not work which is fine.
    This car does the same thing! lol

My friend has a 06 GTO and his does the same thing. Never seen it on another car though.
    04 M6 GTO
    Mods: HP Tuners
    11.8 @ 123
    11.0 @ 135

Potential Tuner
    LoL, I have a 2002 Trans Am that does the same thing. I sure wish some would figure this out. I have seen this problem on other cars as well.

A few things t look at atleast on the gto`s is the bcm wiring harness behind the glove box. And the hot wire distuibution block for corrosion.