Thread: 2011 Challenger SRT-8 6.4 392 tune

Potential Tuner

2011 Challenger SRT-8 6.4 392 tune

Was wondering if there is a update on when a tune will be available for my car listed above. Would like to have done when my son gets his cobalt tuned.

Thanks,
    Bill

Potential Tuner
    Nada Bill. Silence from all quarters. F/I on the 392 may not happen for a long time, if ever. My suggestion? Do the resonator delete, headers and K&N low restriction air filter. You'll be pushing 500hp and the engine will be perfectly set up for a supercharger when you're able to install one. My car (#345) is having the headers installed early Aug. Already did the other 2.

U.F.O.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks UFO. I have my Zoomer exhaust coming in on Monday and already have the K&N filter. What is the cause of not being able to have a tuner for are cars?

Potential Tuner
    Dodge has the onboard computer running an encrypted program. Everything...tuning, transmission shift points, fuel flow...all encrypted. Essentially, until someone can hack the software that runs our 392's, the engines can't be custom tuned. When I install headers in a week or so, without the ability to turn off certain downstream O2 sensors my check engine light is probably going to go on and stay on...irritating.

U.F.O.

Tuner
    They are no longer using NGC , now it is GPEC 2 , which is an entirely different engine controller made by Siemens. As the other poster said, there is zero aftermarket calibration support for these controllers.

Tuner
    Looks like I'm getting a Camaro instead.

The new ECM uses a rolling encryption key. Unless one of the folks that developed the encryption goes to work for an aftermarket company I doubt you will see a solution in the near future. There is a home brewed petition that is going around on the challenger forums to try to convince dodge to lift the rolling key so aftermarket companies can provide tuning software.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTBSS View Post
    The new ECM uses a rolling encryption key. Unless one of the folks that developed the encryption goes to work for an aftermarket company I doubt you will see a solution in the near future. There is a home brewed petition that is going around on the challenger forums to try to convince dodge to lift the rolling key so aftermarket companies can provide tuning software.
    Wow, cool, where do we sign this petition ?