Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OBD II Readines Monitor "trick"?

Advanced Tuner
    Evap test will only run if the tank is between 1/4 and 3/4. After cold start is best, some tests will only run once a drive cycle. A lot of tests need a steady throttle for an extended period of time, if you don't have a steady throttle foot it may take awhile for them to run. Concentrate on steady throttle cruising, between 45mph and 65mph mostly. Some tests also need an extended idle, like at a long light.

Working on that. I am doing the GM drive cycle every morning if traffic allows. I live right off a state highway, so I just leave the car parked right by it and can immediately do the drive cycle in the morning.

Praying I get it ready this week. Inspection was due in July.
    Total Masshole.
    2013 F150 FX4 Supercrew Ecoboost - STOCK
    2013 Mustang GT Premium - Lots of Mods, 424 RWHP SOLD
    2009 Cobalt SS/TC Black Sedan
    227whp/224wtq Stock. Dejon CP, K&N SRI, Forge BPV, Catless, BadMab Catless DP, MPx 3" Catback, HPT Tuned 328whp/425wtq. SOLD
    2004 GTO Pulse Red 1 of 512 - R.I.P. 5/31/09

Tuner in Training
    Wish someone knew a trick , 12 days til my tag is dead.

Advanced Tuner
    Are you writing any calibrations during this time, or just scanning?

I am sure you know each time you write a calibration it resets the flag's/readines monitors.
    It took me a while to figure that out.
    Depending where you live, you might be able to get by with one "red flag"
    How well do you trust your mechanic/inspector? So you can talk to him & ask questions.

Edit; just read the postings, most questions already answered. Gonna leave this post, as is, in case anyone needs it.
    Last edited by GeoJB; 08-03-2011 at 05:56 AM. Reason: read the intire thread.
    The Regal has been laid to rest..... rust
    Now have an 06 Lucerne with the 3.8 and wishing HPT would cover that car
    Loved my 2001 Buick Regal GS.
    With more than 334,000K, 3.4 & 3.6 pulley, Change stats and pulleys with the seasons, Upgraded grounds & power wire, Volt booster, Caspers timing commander(AKA happy knob), Spectra intake-fender wall, PLog, 3" DP & 2.5 exhaust, HPTunner 12" Impala duel piston front brakes, New trans,GMPP suspension... yada, yada...

Yeah, I know. I'm just scanning. Half the time I just use my OBD II scanner and don't even bother with my HPT for this.

I can get by with just 1 monitor not ready. I did that last year as I can't get my Catalyst to ever ready. Evap is still not ready and that's been the hardest to set. I've done countless drive cycles of varying kinds... still 5 outta 7 ready. JUST ONE MORE!
    Total Masshole.
    227whp/224wtq Stock. Dejon CP, K&N SRI, Forge BPV, Catless, BadMab Catless DP, MPx 3" Catback, HPT Tuned 328whp/425wtq. SOLD

Advanced Tuner
    Couldn't you just turn off those SES that wont cycle.
    I'm a 3800 V6. just tried it, was able to turn off all.
    And got all ready Green flags as soon as I could turn the scanner on.
    Hopefully your mechanic "will understand".
    Just leave one that will be a red flag............
    The Regal has been laid to rest..... rust
    Now have an 06 Lucerne with the 3.8 and wishing HPT would cover that car
    Loved my 2001 Buick Regal GS.
    With more than 334,000K, 3.4 & 3.6 pulley, Change stats and pulleys with the seasons, Upgraded grounds & power wire, Volt booster, Caspers timing commander(AKA happy knob), Spectra intake-fender wall, PLog, 3" DP & 2.5 exhaust, HPTunner 12" Impala duel piston front brakes, New trans,GMPP suspension... yada, yada...

Update.

It finally switched to "ready" last night. Just kept doing the drive cycle every morning. Gonna get my inspection today! YAY!
    Total Masshole.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    did this work?
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

I just did the GM drive cycle every morning until they were ready.

Nothing else worked. There is no "trick" that I could figure out on the LNF. They are pretty secure and fool proof.
    Total Masshole.

Tuner in Training
    Not to bring up a dead thread, but iam having the same problem on a buddy's car, it's failing EVAP, CAT and 02, also has a P0101 for MAF. We changed out all the above sensor and now 2 weeks later still failing, does anyone know who to fix this?? It's back on a stock tune with stock downpipe, but still has a Hahn intake, piping and intercooler... Any ideas?

Tuner in Training
    Also, is there a way in HPT to check what's ready or not, seems silly to keep going to jiffy lube when the cars not ready

Dtc section in the scanner should have a readiness monitor. They will say incomplete or complete iirc.

Tuner in Training
    Ok thanks!!! Was there ever away to turn them off to pass?

I'm exempt so I nor did any testing

Tune the MAF or go back to stock intake and just drive it until the monitors are "Ready"/"Complete"

Like overbooster stated, it's in the DTC Section of the scanner.
    Total Masshole.

Not sure about this platform but on the 3rd and 4th gen LS PCM's the MAF code will not prevent tests from going ready. On mine I set all DTC's to no error reported for the purposes of getting tests to go to ready.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

new lnf past first 1/4 '09 tend to completely shut out the signals of all sensors listed as do not report. Ex: a dnr on a rear o2 sensor will not complete the readiness test status because it ignores the rear o2 completely and sends no data to be tested. cant get my catless to pass readiness on dnr rear o2. drove it around out of curiosity. i know there is more information on this but im not finding it. if anyone finds it refresh us.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

I was waiting for my drive cycle tests to complete but the O2 sensors and Evap would not set. I set all DTC's to "3 Report no error" and all tests now show complete.
    The man on top of the mountain didn't walk there.............

D.A.V.

Tuner in Training
    Sorry to revive an old thread but my test are showing not reported instead of not ready. Anyone know how to fix with the latest updated version of HPT?

Quote Originally Posted by Css3jjw View Post
    Sorry to revive an old thread but my test are showing not reported instead of not ready. Anyone know how to fix with the latest updated version of HPT?
    Any HPT version should fix it (if I understand you correctly)

Under the "Engine Diagnostics" then "DTC's" scroll to the DTC's relevant to the sensor in question and change the action from "No error reported" to either "MIL on first error" or "MIL on second error" or "No MIL light"