Thread: Mac OSX Parallels

Tuner in Training

Mac OSX Parallels

Hello all,

I've been reading through some threads and have seen some people mentioning there HPT works fine with Parallels on Mac OSX. I was wondering if there is a preference between 32-bit or 64-bit operating systems more specifically Windows 7.

I apologize if this question has already been answered. I'm still searching through threads, and I keep noting older dates, and I would like some more up to date feedback because of Lion OSX and Windows 7.

Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    im running hpt on 64 bit win7 with no problems to date!!!!!

im sure using it through parallels will work just tha same ......

Tuner in Training
    I would think it would work fine with Parallels too, but I want to be sure there are no complications with drivers. I can just use boot camp, but parallels would be a little more convenient.

Potential Tuner
    boot cam works better than parallels, i use two macs one with parallels and one with boot camp. The only plus side to parallels is copy pasting from mac onto windows and vice versa

Potential Tuner
    forgot to mention i run xp and bootcamp then parallels and 7, boot camp and xp are from my experience much more stable and operate better. Apple techs ive talked with also like bootcamp better.
    Last edited by gmpowered; 07-28-2011 at 02:20 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I currently have an older generation MacBook, and once my student loan comes in I'll be purchasing a new MacBook Pro so I'll give both ways a shot and see which I prefer. I only have a license for Vista and 7 and I'm not feeling Vista for my MacBook Pro so we'll see where things go.

gmpowered do you run 32 or 64 bit windows 7?