Thread: Help Please!!!!

Tuner in Training

Exclamation Help Please!!!!

MODULE COMMUNICATION DTC PRESENT 2 DAYS AFTER TUNE.....EVEN AFTER I UPLOADED THE STOCK TUNE. COMES ON 2 DAYS LATER... TCM MODULE COMUNICATION FAILURE, PCM COMMUNICATION FAILURE, AND LIKE THREE O2 DTC. DONT KNOW WHATS GOING ON. IS THE MODULE SHOT. EVERYTHING WAS DONE THE SAME AS IN OTHER VEHICLES AND THEN I WRITE CALIBRATION ONLY, NOT SURE WHY THIS TIME THERE WAS A PROBLEM OR IF ITS EVEN THAT. THERES A TOTAL OF 9 CODES FML!!!!!

HELP PLEASE

ITS A 2001 CHEVROLET TAHOE 5.3L V8

attached is the stock file
    using 2.23 beta

Tuner in Training
    No replys in two days........!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jguev View Post
    No replys in two days........!!!

You don't give enough info! This is a tuning forum not a diagnosic forum.. A few of us do help with diagnostics when enough info is given or it sparks an intrest.

Need a full list of mods the dtc codes and desciptions as well as when the problem started and the last thing that was done to the car/truck right before the problem started.. Is this a engine swap or a stock pcm engine combo in the car/truck it cam in?

This information will help in sparking intrest in someone. But my car has codes and I don't know why help me.. Does not

We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

Tuner in Training
    its a all stock no mods...

i disconnected o2 to install wideband. did not finish so i reconnected stock o2 and all i did to vehicle was delete the speedo limiter. thats it, and i wrote calibration only. it was late and did not get to log. 2 days later after that i got the dtc's. i am currently not at the vehicle but later this evening i will retrieve them again and post them up. the tahoe runs normally so far but dtc's are present. like i said it is all factory stock with no mods. and the only change i performed was change speedo limiter. ive tried writing stock file back onto the pcm but codes still appear 2 days later. ive deleted them using my generic scan tool and still come up 2 days later.

like i said i will post dtc codes this evening!! thanks by the way for the help. let me know if other info is needed............

Have you downloaded any other tunes, like from the forum or repository? If yes make sure this vin matches your vin on the dash.. 1GNEC13T31R214400 If it does not then you wrote the wrong file to the pcm.

Tuner in Training
    Ink I've read threads stating not to. The file I have is the file aquired when I read the vcm of the vehicle. It came directly out of the 01 Tahoe..it was a stock tune which has never been tampered with.

I was thinking of writing entire back to vcm...but first I will post the codes.

Tuner in Training
    ok these are the codes......

b0283-no definition found
    b0298-powertrain control malfunction
    b0265-electronic brake control module motor relay circuit
    p0135-o2 sensor b1s1
    p0155-o2 sensor heater circuit b2s1
    p0135-o2 sensor heater b1s1

please help

Tuner in Training
    .....they com on every two days

I would try write calibration again and then disconnect the battery for a few min and see if the issue goes away, if not then try a write entire. Let us know what happens.

Tuner in Training
    ok i did a write entire...i will let you guys know if it comes back on...as mentioned before it comes on after two days of normal driving!!!!

hopefully the write entire fixed the issue!!!!!

thanks a lot for the help

Tuner in Training
    Came back on with the same codes......what can it be????
    Could the modules be the cause. Maybe there was some sort of error when the vcm connected to it.

As a start, suggest checking fuses related to O2 circuits, verify they heat up, and scanner picks up "normal" readings since they both suddenly code.
    2010 Avalanche 4WD; AES 390; Mast LS3 heads; VVT Cam; ported TVS2300; Overdrive 8 rib pulleys; 2.7 snout pulley; ID1000; LS3 TB; WB 450; Twin MM cans; built 6L80; CircleD Triple Disk, CSR flexplate; Trucool 40K; Aeroforce Dual; AFX

Tuner in Training
    thanks ill look into it monday!!!

Tuner in Training
    I checked fuses you mentioned and turns out o2h ckt fuse was blown. No other fuses were damaged
    I replaced with a new one and erased codes. Hopefully it doesn't come back on once it goes through the drive cycle...on a side note, the vehicle has the stock GM tune!!!

As far as the bcodes, I'm not sure what couldve caused those. I thought PCM's only display p and u codes. little help here!!!

Not unusual to get body/communincation codes indirectly associated to a real problem. Wait and see if anything else at all appears again, don't waste your time chasing shadows so to speak. cheers
    2010 Avalanche 4WD; AES 390; Mast LS3 heads; VVT Cam; ported TVS2300; Overdrive 8 rib pulleys; 2.7 snout pulley; ID1000; LS3 TB; WB 450; Twin MM cans; built 6L80; CircleD Triple Disk, CSR flexplate; Trucool 40K; Aeroforce Dual; AFX