Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Camaro SS LS3 M6 closes throttle during a shift.

Senior Tuner

2010 Camaro SS LS3 M6 closes throttle during a shift.

I'm trying to figure out why my 2010 Camaro SS closes the throttle during a shift...it isn't often that I want to flat foot a shift (I don't like abusing the car like that)...but once in a while...I want to. When I do, I've found that the car closes the throttle to ~30% until I let back out of the clutch.

I've tried setting the control method for the rev limiter to only spark (stock was spark and ETC) but that didn't seem to make any difference.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    I'm trying to figure out why my 2010 Camaro SS closes the throttle during a shift...it isn't often that I want to flat foot a shift (I don't like abusing the car like that)...but once in a while...I want to. When I do, I've found that the car closes the throttle to ~30% until I let back out of the clutch.

I've tried setting the control method for the rev limiter to only spark (stock was spark and ETC) but that didn't seem to make any difference.

Does anyone have any ideas?
    It does it to protect itself .

Senior Tuner
    I know haha...so where can I control that...and where can I control the RPM limit for the launch control?

...I've accepted that my powertrain warranty is gone...I've already put 23K miles on it though, and it's perfectly fine...I'm not worried about it, I just want it to do what my right foot says to do haha
    Last edited by MikeOD; 07-24-2011 at 10:09 AM.

havent looked at a new Camaro tune, if it is like vettes, do you have TM disabled? Or at least ETC set to disable for TM?

Senior Tuner
    I do...that's why I don't understand how it's closing the throttle still.

I've been able to override throttle control everywhere else...even when traction/stability control is active (which I put back...no sense in forcing the rear brakes to fight the engine). Oh well...maybe the BCM has some control that we cannot override. I wish I had a way to re-program that thing (for various other reasons related to the vehicle, not just the drivetrain).

I have a similar issue
    2011 Camaro SS. LS3/630rwhp n/a

Senior Tuner
    ...I just gained access to a Tech 2 for maybe next weekend. I'll see if I can figure any more out from there...maybe, maybe not haha.

Turn off stability control completely and see if it still does it.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Senior Tuner
    I've tried...it still does.

Tapping the button once in the Camaro is TC off, stability control still on...tapping twice is competitive mode...holding it for 7 seconds is everything off...all those modes, as well as everything on, no difference, closes the throttle to 30% during a flat foot shift.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeOD View Post
    I've tried...it still does.

Tapping the button once in the Camaro is TC off, stability control still on...tapping twice is competitive mode...holding it for 7 seconds is everything off...all those modes, as well as everything on, no difference, closes the throttle to 30% during a flat foot shift.
    Take a look at the PID for the CPP, I'm thinking your answer is there. Try unplugging it and see what happens besides setting a code P0807 or some such.

Just a thought.

Senior Tuner
    CPP? Clutch Pedal Position?

I agree...it knows I'm hitting the pedal...and it's closing the throttle...I don't want to unplug it, I like having the interlock on the starter...I can't find where I can remove that from the tune.

I also can't find the launch control RPM.

Tuner
    I don't have this problem........disable torque management like said above and have fun. See signature for video lol

Ken

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobracmdr View Post
    I don't have this problem........disable torque management like said above and have fun. See signature for video lol

Ken
    I'm pretty sure my torque management is disabled...unless I missed something. Is your car a stick shift? What is involved in disabling TM that I may have missed?

Quote Originally Posted by c.u View Post
    look in system-general.
    What am I looking for in system general? I don't want to remove the starter interlock.

Seems a thread I started about no lift shifting has provided the answer to this issue.

See here
    To keep the blade from closeing on manual shifted cars you must go into the "switchover delay" and raise the P/N time to something like 5-20 seconds. Basically when you hit the clutch it goes to that table and switches over to ETC after that amount of time. So even if you have it set to disable this switchover is a override for ETC. I alway's set the entire switchover delay to 10 seconds on car's I know will be raced alot just for that reason.

Thread reference if anyone is interested
    www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=288807
    2020 Mustang GT Daily driver
    |Hellion Sleeper|10R80|Full weight, full exhaust, BABY seat in the back|
    8.3@167mph

2014 Mustang GT
    |Hellion TT|Powerglide|Ignite114|
    6.87@200mph

Jordan Performance and Racing

Senior Tuner
    Yeah, thank you for linking it here too...if someone finds this thread in a search they'll know the answer. Stumped me for months!!!
    Last edited by MikeOD; 04-15-2012 at 09:47 AM.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Tuner
    check this later

Dumb question I guess, but I can't find 'switchover delay' in the LS3 E38 tune this morning. Any clue for an old guy?
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    Dumb question I guess, but I can't find 'switchover delay' in the LS3 E38 tune this morning. Any clue for an old guy?
    Engine>Fuel>Cutoff, DFCO>Control Method - Switchover Delay

Quote Originally Posted by Shrek View Post
    Engine>Fuel>Cutoff, DFCO>Control Method - Switchover Delay
    Thanks! I'll have a look tonight.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Senior Tuner
    This screen shot should help too.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat