Thread: MPG Improvement to 5.3L 2007 Avalanche

Tuner in Training

MPG Improvement to 5.3L 2007 Avalanche

I've been forum digging lately for ways to improve cruising mpg on my truck. Several items I've seen pop up are O2 Sensor R/L vs Airflow Mode settings, DOD settings, and DFCO settings. Are there any precise, generic recommendations on how to begin modifying these tables to attempt to get better cruising mpg? Are there also other tables that I should really be considering looking at also?

Tuner
    Subscribed!

Also interested in this subject and if there's any way to emulate "Lean Cruise".

Quote Originally Posted by IJ. View Post
    Subscribed!

Also interested in this subject and if there's any way to emulate "Lean Cruise".
    It can certainly be done, it just isn't as elegant as the Gen 3 Lean Cruise system with speed as the key variable. MAP and IVT are the two parameters I'd use to alter commanded AFR against and then up to you what you use to trigger Open Loop or run Open Loop permanently.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SSUte01 View Post
    It can certainly be done, it just isn't as elegant as the Gen 3 Lean Cruise system with speed as the key variable. MAP and IVT are the two parameters I'd use to alter commanded AFR against and then up to you what you use to trigger Open Loop or run Open Loop permanently.
    Thanks for that!

I have both a Gen3 and a Gen4 car and even stock for stock the Gen3 was doing far better economy wise, be good if anyone else has some input on this jump right in!