Thread: ls2 vette weird knock..tune and log inside

ls2 vette weird knock..tune and log inside

Still kinda new to tuning but I can't seem to figure this out. mods are VR intake and borla catback. And I keep getting knock even after messing with the decay rate. and not sure if it is from the heat or if I just kinda screwed up my tune a little.. any input would help. Thanks guys!

Check to make sure your cutback is not rattling against the frame. The knock sensor will often pick that up as knock.

BJK
    APS TT 630 rwhp/654 rwtq @ 9 psi
    '07 C6, TR6060 conversion w/Z06 ratios. DTE Stage 4 Quaife Diff w/brace (3.73). Z06 Brakes, mild turbo cam & dual springs (222/222, LSA 115, .581/.581), LS9R clutch, LG GT2 Coilovers, Autometer Cobalt Fuel gauage, Progressive Alky Controller, and e-Boost2 Controller. PFADT poly bushing for control arms and Sports sway bars. MGW shifter. 3" B&B Fusion. RSI Stage 1.5 fuel system. RX dual valve catch can.

Where does it rattle usually at

Just get under the car and shake and hit the exhaust pipes and mufflers with the palm of your hand. Hit it hard. You will quickly find what hits what.
    2014 Corvette, Z51, 3LT, 7-Speed, NPP, 2 tops, Exposed Carbon Fiber roof, FAY, Laguna Blue, Kalahari, Museum Delivery.

well shoot rattled everything and nada. So took everything down 10 degrees from stock timing up top and not one count of knock. so its gotta be my tune. can anyone look at my tune and maybe see whats going on? even my stock tune KR's 3-4 degrees.

Add high(er) octane fuel with your tune and retest. If that solves the KR, you know your issue (in part). Next you can either pull 3-4* from the stock timing figures because you have exceeded the timing/octane tolerance for the fuel you are running, change your brand of fuel, or try richening up the area in the tune where the event is occuring. Or a combination of all three.
    '15 Colorado Z71 | '07 TrailBlazer SS | '87 Monte Carlo SS | '80 Lemans Wagon