Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whoa...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by pontisteve View Post
    Curious what methods you employed to get such good drivability out of it? I would think a considerable amount more timing at low speeds, injector delay changes, RAF increase, and careful airflow mapping. Do share!
    Yep, Most of the day was spent driving around my rural neighborhood. Injector delay for the big cam. Timing taken out and not added below 2000rpm. Used 5_Liter_Eater's idle tuning write-up.

Advanced Tuner
    I don't think i've seen 5 liter eater's write-up. Anybody have a handy link?

I often reduce timing at idle, and make up for it with airflow. This helps steady a larger cam. But are you saying you are taking timing out in the idle table, or the hi octane timing table?

Also, how many degrees of injector delay did you find worked best?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by pontisteve View Post
    I don't think i've seen 5 liter eater's write-up. Anybody have a handy link?

I often reduce timing at idle, and make up for it with airflow. This helps steady a larger cam. But are you saying you are taking timing out in the idle table, or the hi octane timing table?

Also, how many degrees of injector delay did you find worked best?
    Timing out of the Hi and Lo octane tables. I took 17 Degrees out of the injection Timing Normal ECT table. I start with the amount of degrees overlap the cam has.

This is an 04 gto with the RapTR cam. Tuned by me, car drives like stock. I'm sure the tune isnt perfect but has alot of work on it. I taught myself how to tune on this car. Its a cam only auto car with stall and headers.
    AAHHHHH!!!!!!