Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disable VATS - 2007 Cobalt Swap into Buggy

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HP72 View Post
    ok looks as if I need to get ecm info.

I thought HP Tuners use to have it here you could see what options were available for the certain YM&M vehicles before purchasing the credits? So is it now you pay for the credits to find out if it can or not? /I hope not as this type of modeling for sales could drive sales and tuners likewise away. Maybe I'm misunderstanding things? I hope not.
    If you own HP TUNERS you can use VCM editor to identify the ECM without spending money on credits. The information is located under calibration details/controllers in the editor. You will find the ECM and Operating System version there. Under the OS tab is where you will find VATS. You should be able to get a good sense of what you can or cannot do before spending money on credits.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Area57 View Post
    If you own HP TUNERS you can use VCM editor to identify the ECM without spending money on credits. The information is located under calibration details/controllers in the editor. You will find the ECM and Operating System version there. Under the OS tab is where you will find VATS. You should be able to get a good sense of what you can or cannot do before spending money on credits.
    True. I'm not sure at this point if he has HPT currently. My answer was assuming he doesn't, but re-reading maybe he does have HPT.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    True. I'm not sure at this point if he has HPT currently. My answer was assuming he doesn't, but re-reading maybe he does have HPT.
    I wasn't sure either. He could be confusing credits for the actual cost of purchasing HP Tuners to find out if this ECM is fully supported. Just felt like pointing out the obvious in case he was new. Been using HPT for over 12 years. I finally got around to making a forum account 3 years ago. Heck, I just got around to actually posting on this forum the other day. But I digress.