Thread: ve values

Potential Tuner

Question ve values

i'm new to the tuning world and I've been reading as much possible an learning as much possible this may sound stupid for some of you but, i still don't know from where the ve tables gets its values and what do they represent or what they are, are they units? g/s, and if they are a % could some body explain a % of what? thanks.

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    Most of what you will see is based on Manifold Absolute Pressure vs. RPM's. It will TYPICALLY end at 105 kpa because that's all you get without pressurizing with a super or turbocharger. Those numbers in there affect your fueling by giving the PCM an idea of how much air should be flowing through your engine at a given time, but if you are using a MAF equipped vehicle the MAF tables will be used primarily and most of the time. (Especially for N/A applications)

Potential Tuner
    thanks that will help me clarify things

Potential Tuner
    does any body has like a quick guide on how to tune without a wide band? that will help me understand the process a bit more.

Tuner in Training
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5573

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...64&postcount=1
    Start here. Mainly applies to those engines. Read around the forum, ALOT. There you will find the answers to your next 5 or 6 questions.
    Last edited by PopUpBlocker; 04-11-2012 at 07:47 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Hey tanks man u really apreciate it.

Potential Tuner
    Sorry *I