Thread: '09 Challenger Skip Shift Disable Help

'09 Challenger Skip Shift Disable Help

Hey guys,

I've never touched a Dodge with HP before, and have a customer that would like the skip shift disabled on his '09 Challenger. I see in the Repository that there are tune files for this vehicle, so I should have access to it with HP it appears, and I also see there is a table in the Trans section for Skip Shift. However, in a 'stock' tune file I see the drop down box is already set to disabled, however the VSS and temperature qualifiers are valid.

My question, why is the drop down disabled stock? Do you only need to modify the temp and vss values to disable skip shift?

Also, any pointers about flashing a Dodge that I should watch out for? I know when the 5th gen Camaro came out we had to disconnect the battery after a flash (initially, was corrected later on), things of that sort is what i'm hoping to get advice on.

Thanks in Advance!
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

Senior Tuner
    Edited
    Last edited by 06300CSRT8; 11-03-2015 at 01:40 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    If it's already set to disable the car most likely has a modified tune in it already.

Here's what it looks like when it is set in the tune (compared to a stock tune)

Last edited by [email protected]; 11-02-2015 at 07:05 PM.

Thank you both! That helps tremendously!