Thread: AFR going lean @ WOT

AFR going lean @ WOT

If someone has a chance to check this out I would appreciate it.
    PS LTs, catless mids, svede. '04 GTO A4

Ignore the green AFR line in the log, that's the one preset without corrections for ground offset. I'm looking at the yellow line.
    WOT pulls at 1:40 and 3:30

As you can see it hangs around mid 14 at wot. I am not getting any knock and it hasn't blown up (yet) I am hoping it really isn't running that lean. The WOT runs are pretty short I know but to be honest I'm not comfortable going much longer. It doesn't really seem to be trending one way or another for sure by the end, so I don't think that I'm just not giving it enough time to correct to the commanded AFR. The PE enrichment rate is 1.3

**I have an exhaust leak and from what I have read it shouldn't be affecting my WOT afr that much. But maybe it is, either way it's getting fixed before I go any farther with tuning.**

At this point, I would really just like someone to go over this as a sanity check just to make sure it isn't something in the tune that is causing it to go so lean.
    04 GTO stock

Advanced Tuner
    have you done WOT with the LTFT off and Reset?
    sure leans out ...
    Last edited by smithers; 07-14-2011 at 09:00 PM.

Check the basics. Make sure your fuel pressure is correct at WOT.
    Free HP Tuners Beginners Tuning Guide

LS1 Tuning Guide
    Michigan Snowmobiler

1969 Firebird: 11.67@114 [email protected] 1/8 1.70 60 ft. EPS cam 234/246 .602.606 114+3, 6.0 LQ4, L92 heads milled 10.5:1, Ported L76 intake, ported 90mm Holley TB, 100mm MAF, FIC Custom injectors, Hooker LT, PYPES dual exhaust with an X pipe, 4L65e with all of the good parts inside, FTI 4000 RPM Stall, 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. HP Tuner tuned by me

I have no real way of checking the fuel pressure at this point other than watching the injector duty cycle at WOT. From the little bit I understand (or rather what I think I understand) duty cycle should follow the maf, if it rises faster then I am losing pressure. Does that sound right?

Oh and I did reset the LTFTs before starting each round of tuning.
    Last edited by Boostcreep; 07-14-2011 at 11:30 PM.
    04 GTO stock