Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: LNF Maf Calibrating w/ PICS.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    well the beta has been known to load faulty on occassion its not perfect thats y its beta.
    so if you still have problems you can try a full program delete and reinstall it.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    I know I have said it once, but thanks again for this answered the remaining questions I had regarding this topic completely .

thats y its here everyone here is all for helping

On day two of MAF tuning. Went from +11 to -3. I like the way this is trending.
    Old Car 2008 HHR SS Auto
    GMTU, TTR Solid Engine Mount and 1" Sway Bar.

Now 2013 Sonic RS Turbo
    DDMWorks Intake, ZZP Rear Sway Bar.

1972 Chevy Pickup
    L48 350 Holley 650, Weiand Alum Intake Manifold Water Pump and Pulley, Hot cam, 12 Bolt, Headers, Hurst Shifter.

Tried %-HALF today and not good. Pegged boost at 30+ and eventually went into limp home mode. Double checked numbers and re-flashed, still no good. Flashed back to yesterday's tune, no good. Did a write entire of today's tune and well see tomorrow. Crap.
    Old Car 2008 HHR SS Auto

Now 2013 Sonic RS Turbo

1972 Chevy Pickup
    L48 350 Holley 650, Weiand Alum Intake Manifold Water Pump and Pulley, Hot cam, 12 Bolt, Headers, Hurst Shifter.

No bueno this morning. Disconnected battery, hooked batt back up and did write entire with original GMTU. Seems ok now. Will cal maf then try modded tune later... Will post data when I get a chance. Mostly on here using an iPhone.
    Old Car 2008 HHR SS Auto

Now 2013 Sonic RS Turbo

1972 Chevy Pickup

i have had a few times where i forgot to select average and then adjusted the maf and woo she was def not happy. sometimes stuff happens you dont want just go back and try it again all we can do.

Agreed! Spent 4 hours today (25 min logs each) calibrating the MAF under the GMTU tune then applied that to the more aggressive tune. 30+psi D'Oh! Turned down the DAL's closer to GMTU and looked some other stuff over, now running nice. ~25psi and quite responsive. Selecting "Performance" with an auto is a good call (thanks BYT). Put it in Comp mode and it holds each gear until redline. Or at least from what I've tried so far. Will post data tomorrow.
    Last edited by Victory Red SS; 11-14-2011 at 06:53 PM.
    Old Car 2008 HHR SS Auto

Now 2013 Sonic RS Turbo

1972 Chevy Pickup

from what ive heard on the other posts on here if you can land a good solid 24psi you should have a beter chance of holding the psi up top where it usually dies off hard. please feel free to interject if im wrong id like to learn too its been a while.

Have read the same, that's why I am aiming for 25 at the most. Need to keep the heat down and the efficiency up. Plus there's the auto trans. Am working on shift points and pressures now. Want the shifts quick and firm but don't want to kill it.
    Old Car 2008 HHR SS Auto

Now 2013 Sonic RS Turbo

1972 Chevy Pickup

yea fix some of the losses in the trans and make it real fun.

Cars seems to be running fine today. Ive attaced my tune, config, and log. Please let me know if anything looks crazy.
    Thanks!
    Old Car 2008 HHR SS Auto

Now 2013 Sonic RS Turbo

1972 Chevy Pickup

Does this work with a MAF thru configuration?
    Only motor

If you mean a blow through MAF, yes. You tune them the same way.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Ok!

Do colder spark plugs anything to the calibration? I feel the car a little bit different when cold with this kind of plugs. Should I fit the stock ones for a proper tuning?

PS: I don't see MAF frequency histogram on the config file you attached.
    Only motor

i recommend 2 step colder plugs from the factory heat range. colder plugs dont change anything they still fire at the desired position as comanded but in the end they help by increasing timing some. i updated the config file in first post with my most current and i use it with the latest beta. tabs 1,2,3,4 are the maf correction histograms shown in the steps on first post.
    hope you can see it with that. if not just verify all the sensors that are being used in the pids, and axis are being read by the scanner and you shouldnt have a problem.

If you can get the car to spool up smoothly and not spool up hard then let off a lil, then pick back up.. It will translate to more boost up top and better power overall! I use the WGDC Max table to keep it from spiking and overshooting and the cars feel incredibly more smooth for the power delivery and def pull stronger to redline.

i have no as to what is being replaced with unknown parameters on my tables list. I'm using the config file that was available as a few hours ago in the first post.
    2010 Cobalt SS/TC aka "Cavalier SS" aka "Corsica SS" aka "Geo Metro ZR1"

let me take a look and fix it for you then.

they are two uneccesary values i had in there when diagnosing a boost problem. just make sure you have the boost sensor lo res and baro sensor on the chart and you can make a boost sensor custom pid. as for the other it was ltft+stft but as long as both ltft and stft for bank 1 are both on the list again you make a custom pid. for those as well.

ltft+stft custom pid.
    [PID.6]+[PID.7]

boost pid for tuning wot
    [PID.2338]-[PID.51] set value to psi not kpa. it wont be accurate for idle thats what the manifold sensor is for but the two sensors linear scales cross over eachother and the lo res located in the charge pipe becomes more accurate iirc around 20psi

or run my most current config which i use for chasing kr while adjust boost.
    it still has the maf tables in the first 4 histo tabs and i included the adjusted table for boost @ wot and a nice table for reading factory wideband.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 03-19-2012 at 10:14 PM.