Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: LNF Maf Calibrating w/ PICS.

Tuner in Training
    All first 3 histograms regarding LTFT+STFT vs Freq are not showing.

I tried all configuration files posted in this topic until now.

Someone can post a fully working cfg file?
    Last edited by Kelu; 06-22-2012 at 04:40 PM.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    they all work just fine.
    you probably need to make the custom pids to make yours work.
    ltft bank 1+stft bank 1
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    This is correct? Am I missing something?

That's correct and just make sure the ltft bank1 and stft bank 1 sae are in table primary and it should work

Tuner in Training
    yes, I checked that already, both are in primary table

Going to do my first change in the tune. Thanks for sharing and helping

Is there an easy way of using this data from VCM Scanner and tweaking a MAF calibration that uses MAF voltage/AD Counts vs flow (#/min) and not MAF frequency?

Quote Originally Posted by metroplex View Post
    Is there an easy way of using this data from VCM Scanner and tweaking a MAF calibration that uses MAF voltage/AD Counts vs flow (#/min) and not MAF frequency?
    No. You are way too hung up on Fords man.. lol

You 100% must and need to use frequency, vs lbs/min (or some airflow of your liking) vs trims or afr error for maf scaling/calibration. You also need to utilize the maf correction table to get things dialed in that much tighter utilizing the same trim error. It's very easy to do once you get comfortable with it. I know you don't believe me (because we've been through it over and over on the css.net forum.. lol.. ) but trust me, GM uses a frequency based heated resistive style maf sensor that does not work off of voltage like Fords do. It's ultimately the same basic principle though, just with hz instead of volts.
    09 Cobalt SS - E47+EFR6758 =

07 Silverado ECSB LBZ Duramax - Bunches of goodies

I understand, I saw some of the videos/pics of the MAF curve. The curve is almost the inverse of what we use for Fords. But what I was curious about was using VCM scanner to gather the data to tune my Mustang. SCT has a horrible datalogging system, I have to sit there and sort out the LT+ST for a specific MAF voltage/AD Count and then adjust the #/min in the table. It doesn't get formatted/tabulated like it is shown in some of the How-To videos for HPT VCM.

Yeah that is one great thing about the logging porting of hptuners. The custom histograms and graphing is SO intuitive compared to most other tuning software, making things like maf scaling a breeze.
    09 Cobalt SS - E47+EFR6758 =

07 Silverado ECSB LBZ Duramax - Bunches of goodies

if your mustang is recognized in the software you may spend the credits to unlock it. then you may read the available ecu paramaters and make a custom histogram to match that of whatever tables you are viewing.
    so short answer, if your unlocked yes you could make a histo to match.

I've got the HPTuner kit, but I can't figure out how to set up the LNF config. I am using BYT's LNF Config file, but half of it says "unsupported parameter" and the histogram doesn't show up for ST+LT vs MAF Frequency. Is this just an older .CFG file?

Watch the vcm suite video in the lnf guide video section

Figured it out, the software doesn't save the custom PIDs to the cfg file. I have to create them on each laptop. It'd be nice if we had a list of all custom PIDs that BYT used in his file. I saw the thread on custom PIDs, but he seemed to have used a few extras in his config file.

I had a zip file with all the files and instructions on how to make it work when I was remote tuning the LNF with the config I used to use.

PM me your email and I'll send it your way.

I stopped remote tuning when I lost my LNF data stored in my interface when I upgraded to HPT Pro but I think it may still work on 2.24. You might get an error the first time you open it, but close it & reopen it and it should work.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    I had a zip file with all the files and instructions on how to make it work when I was remote tuning the LNF with the config I used to use.

PM me your email and I'll send it your way.

I stopped remote tuning when I lost my LNF data stored in my interface when I upgraded to HPT Pro but I think it may still work on 2.24. You might get an error the first time you open it, but close it & reopen it and it should work.
    Can you send these to me if I PM you my email? Also, where the heck is the EVAP Solenoid?

you can watch the video and start and stop as you please. evap is right on the manifold...big black square thing dead center.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCiLx...ature=youtu.be

Thanks, don't know how I missed that lol!

Have you seen custom cfg's that don't call for PID numbers rather sensor numbers? I don't have the Cobalt SS to confirm this but if a Custom cfg file calls for a sensor, does the HPTuner dongle have to be connected to the car for the cfg to read the sensor? My guess is yes.

If this is the case, is this why people use PID's instead of Sensor numbers?

either will do but most of us stay in the pids just cause there are more of them to choose from. Must be connected to the Ecu to know exactly what is Avilable to vcm scanner from the ecu. Some pids are present when some sensors aren't and even the other way around sometimes so just pick what you need and double check your results.
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 06-24-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Gotcha, thanks for confirming that.

Tuner
    Hate to bring this out of archives. lol Forgive my ignorance. But when I set the maf correction table to 1s, I notice that when I have tried to get my maf cal dialed in the maf correction has been changing some on its own on the tune. I thought it would stay all 1s since that's what I had it set at in the tune. Please open my eyes on this. Thanks
    Last edited by powermizer; 05-13-2015 at 10:28 AM.