Thread: Got a trans shift table with some characteristics of a manual

Got a 3.29 trans shift table with some characteristics of a manual

I'm very satisfied with these results, I love the way the trans upshifts and downshifts specfic to my driving style and I want to share

My trans table. I used a 2005 GTP Stock bin as a base (see below). I shifted the 3-2 and 4-3 cells to the left by one cell, in other words I copied the cells from 6 to 100% and then pasted those cells from 0 to 94% so it downshifts quicker with less throttle. I also hate when I slow down to make a turn and while I'm turning the trans downshifts and then after making the turn the trans upshifts to the gear I was previously in upon giving it throttle . So I lowered the 2-1and 3-2 cells at 0% so the trans wont' downshift when I slow down to make a turn. IMO my 3800 has enough low end torque to accerlate at 5 mph in 2nd gear and 10 mph in 3rd gear. It feels just like a standard transmission which is what I seeking for; slow down to take a turn and the trans stays in the same gear. And I raised the 1-2 cell at 0% to 30 so I can rev it from a dig and immediately take my foot of the throttle and it won't upshift to 2nd like a standard trans. I'll coast a lot, I'll give it gas to build up momentum and then I let it coast. And I can coast down a hill from a dig and it will stay in 1st until 30 mph. Lastly I raised the 3-4 and 4-3 shifts so there's no shifting while in boost (44 or more throttle). Very pleased with these results.

I have 3.29 gears for my 4t65 trans.

2005 GTP Stock - http://www.2shared.com/file/qecm3hV9..._GTP_L32_.html

Last edited by dlclarkiiRegal; 07-07-2011 at 04:20 PM.
    2007 Pontiac G6 GTP ~ 3.6 VVT (LY7 10.2:1) w/ 6 speed auto/manual tap)
    14.358 N/A @ 96.57 mph
    2001 Regal LS ~ L32 GenV M90; PLX SM-AFR WB; 3.4 Blower Pulley; 18* WOT; XP CAM; TOGs; N* TB; Dynotech Stage 2 Trans
    13.288 @ 104.23 mph

Car Domain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2291346/1

Advanced Tuner
    Dave, looks really good.
    Any possibility you could post up the bin file of your tune?

I have a Feeling that my tweeking of my trans tune is not quite right.
    With a copy of your file, I can run side by side tunes/VCM editor and copy & paste at will.

Please!!??
    TY
    Geo.
    The Regal has been laid to rest..... rust
    Now have an 06 Lucerne with the 3.8 and wishing HPT would cover that car
    Loved my 2001 Buick Regal GS.
    With more than 334,000K, 3.4 & 3.6 pulley, Change stats and pulleys with the seasons, Upgraded grounds & power wire, Volt booster, Caspers timing commander(AKA happy knob), Spectra intake-fender wall, PLog, 3" DP & 2.5 exhaust, HPTunner 12" Impala duel piston front brakes, New trans,GMPP suspension... yada, yada...

2007 Pontiac G6 GTP ~ 3.6 VVT (LY7 10.2:1) w/ 6 speed auto/manual tap)
    14.358 N/A @ 96.57 mph
    2001 Regal LS ~ L32 GenV M90; PLX SM-AFR WB; 3.4 Blower Pulley; 18* WOT; XP CAM; TOGs; N* TB; Dynotech Stage 2 Trans
    13.288 @ 104.23 mph

Car Domain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2291346/1

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks!!
    With more than 334,000K, 3.4 & 3.6 pulley, Change stats and pulleys with the seasons, Upgraded grounds & power wire, Volt booster, Caspers timing commander(AKA happy knob), Spectra intake-fender wall, PLog, 3" DP & 2.5 exhaust, HPTunner 12" Impala duel piston front brakes, New trans,GMPP suspension... yada, yada...

Tuner in Training
    Nice info! That helped me get my trans settings where I wanted.
    '97 GTP: 9.5:1 Diamonds, XP'd, 3.4, Lucas 42.5#, Shiny Headers, Ported S/C and heads, N*, HPTuners

Tuner in Training

3800 computer tune

3800 computer tune

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    i had my computer tuned by intence raceing i have bought the hp tuner and want to change some setting does any body know if i have to have them send me the stock bin tune or can i save what has been done to the pcm and proced to tune i just dont want to start over on the tune
    i have some evap codes to remove and would like to change trans shift points
    thanks brett

Advanced Tuner
    Save the file in any name you choose.
    that way you will always have something you can go back too. You don't have to start all over. You can "jump in where it is set now".

Yes you can go in an make changes to what has already been "tweaked".
    Every time you make a change save it with a new name.
    I use the date and time and abbreviations of what I did as file names, that way if I make a change and don't like it, I can always go back to the previous setting.
    It looks something like this: 1-1-12 MAF & VE.hpt
    When you make any changes give the car a few miles and drive cycles to get used to it.
    Before you make any other changes.

Tuner in Training
    i change my shift table same as above post worked great but after driveing it a while when comeing to a stop sign it shutered really bad like the torq conveter was still locked up i thing i am missing some thing to do this tune trans is a 4t65 e out of a 2003 gtand prix gt help please
    thanks brett

Advanced Tuner
    Check your release speed/settings for the TC.