Thread: Minor Changes

Tuner

Minor Changes

Just looking at and making minor changes to a friends tune and i noticed that i didnt change the Peak Torque table to match the driver demand table. Seems to me that it needs to be the same or higher than driver demand.

Is this a bad thing that i didnt change it or bad that now i have changed it?

I also went and changed the Pilot timing tables to match the default tables. I am going to go back and finish the tables with the calculator and make the changes for the 55 - 50 - 45 instead of 50 across the board.

Also he is complaining about it feels like from 1/2 throttle to WOT that it runs the same.

I have never logged it, by I would imagine that the engine will not demand more torque than what is in the peak torque table. For example, if you have 700 ft lbs commanded in your peak torque, but you are commanding 812 ft lbs in your driver demand, the engine will only command 700. Like I said, I haven't logged it before, but I would imagine that's the case. Might be the case why 1/2 throttle and WOT feel the same, or at least not significantly different. Did you change any of your fueling?

Even better would be 55-50-40, especially if you have added more fuel.

What's your driver deman table look like?
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun

Tuner
    I matched the driver demand table, then added 5%.

Tuner
    Heres what it looked like before i changed it. Stock!

Yeah, you probably shorted yourself on torque with the peak table being stock. have you reflashed to see if it made a difference?
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun

Tuner
    Just reflashed it and yea it helped alot. Before it felt like it was trying to bog at the shift "so to speak", now it pulls alot harder to the shift.

I flashed it again with the timing changes and that helped alot more also. Now today in the mid 90's it drives like it did on the cool spring days.

Good to hear! Towing tune? or just playing with it a bit? What motor?
    Andrew

Tuner
    Just playing with it. After we get the boost and pryo gauges installed this weekend were going to fine tune it and hopefully soon compare it to a mouthy guys quadzilla....lol! Should leave him speachless right now but.....

Hes also one who says the more smoke the more power...lol

I really dont know how this tune would be towing, i still done know enough about that

Tuner
    Ohh its a LMM

Sweet deal! I just built an LMM tune and the guy is pretty pleased with it. Make sure you get a video or the two trucks and if you need any help, be more than happy to share what I have found with duramaxs!
    Andrew

Tuner
    Also the torque limit table under the protection factor probably needs to changed but im not sure

if you want, pm me your tune and I will take a look at it and see if there are any other limiters for that torque table... tell the smoke guy to watch this video and see if he thinks smoke = power...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG1r0qvgzPU
    Andrew

Tuner
    dam that thing moved out! I couldnt tell what the times were though.

Tuner
    I cant get it in the dang PM so ill just post it here. Everything is pretty solid, but im not sure i got everything.... im still learning

I think he ran mid 10's but don't quote me on that. I will look at the file tonight after work
    Andrew

Tuner
    ok so we got it all hooked up today and just got done trying it all out. Crusing at 65 egts are 700 and kinda hover between 700 and 800 up hills and stuff. Showing 4-5 psi at 65 also.

BUT when you mash on it the temps go up to 1300 and 32psi. Runs awesome though!! I cant believe that just guessing on the tune that it turned out that close.....

thats awesome! I am looking at it right now
    Andrew

My windows partition is not cooperating... Hopefully I will get it fixed. From what I saw during that short time while looking at your tune, things look good
    Andrew

Tuner
    Good thanks.

Tuner
    What in a round about number would you think this is making at the tires now?? I dont care really how much it is but just wondering roughly how much this would have bumped it from stock.

Stock intake with KnN filter, dpf deleted, stock muffler at the moment