Thread: Lgh/lml

Potential Tuner

Lgh/lml

Can someone konw if It's possible to tune this generation of ECU?
    There is some hope for crack this ECM???
    I see that http://www.hsperformance.com/ crack LMM ECU.(not custom tuner)
    Is someone crack LGH ECU?
    Thanks
    shay
    Last edited by shayedan; 04-15-2011 at 01:00 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Doesn't look like it Shay
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Doesn't look like it Shay
    Hi bill do you konw if someone crack ehis ECM?

shay

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    there are a few ways it can be done...the main problem appears to be bosch will not allow you to read the pcm which creates several fundamental problems
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

I won't lie, it would be sweet to beat EFI live to this
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun

Potential Tuner
    Anymore thoughts to this?

Tuner
    There are several hand held tuner companies that have the new PCM covered. I don't understand why HPT doesn't

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Ramjet View Post
    There are several hand held tuner companies that have the new PCM covered. I don't understand why HPT doesn't
    Do you know which companies support this ECM?

Thanks
    shay

Tuner
    I think H&S and Bully Dog are available now. PPE is reportedly in Beta test.

Can you not read the ECM thru the OBD2 port? Can you even read the ECM? If so, does that cause a legality issue by not reading it thru the OBD2?
    Last edited by ajamesbond007; 07-08-2011 at 07:49 AM.
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun

The new LML ECM can be flashed but it cannot be read. So it is possible to download a stock tune file from GM (such as TIS2WEB), modify the file, and then flash it into the new ECM. This is how H&S and Bullydog are doing it (I highly suspect).

It is not currently possible to read the tune stored in your specific ECM, modify it, and then re-flash your ECM with your modified tune. This is how HPT and EFI Live work.

The legal problem lies in using the tune file provided online by GM. They are very specific about using their property (stock tune file) and/or modifying them for resale. So basically its ok to modify the software (tune) loaded in your truck that you already own. Its not OK to modify and sell the software GM provides to the dealers for servicing the vehicles.
    2006 LBZ Duramax
    5" Magnaflow turbo-back
    EGR blocked
    HP Tuned by yours truly

Thanks for clearing that up. I sure hope Chris's trick with reading the Bosch's CPU's work. If so, the LML is mine!
    Andrew