Thread: 2010 zr1

Potential Tuner

2010 zr1

We threw a pretty basic tune on my friends zr1 the other day. I didn't believe it would effectively put more power down, but it was impressive to say the least.

As far as changing the pulley, I've read that it bumps them up to about 17 psi, and that the engine can handle it. Question is, does anyone know if the fuel pump and injectors can?

Senior Tuner
    if you can put in a tune, you can also scan things like pulse width, and with some extra wiring you can measure voltage at the pump.

Good luck with acting out on your "reading". Check out Lingenfelter as they've done lots of them and have parts waiting that work with proven results, I've installed tons of their stuff. Air intake, snout upgrade, pulley, cam and headers. Good for another 100+whp.
    2001 Z06 - 417 LS3 - LPE CNC LS3 heads - LPE GT-11 cam - ARH 1 7/8" - LPE C6 intake - RPM 3.73 diff - tuned with HP Tuners
    2008 Silverado 5.3 - Dynatech LT headers - Volant Cool Air intake - 280whp/303wtq - tuned with HP Tuners

www.davenportmotorsports.com

Potential Tuner
    Yeah, right now the injector duty cycle is only running around 51%, so obviously we can coax a little more out there. I just want to be able to tell him if he'll need new injectors or not.

I've been trying to figure out if I could log fuel pump duty, but it doesn't seem to be possible without adding some wiring and he doesn't want to do that. I suspect the pump will support it, given some of the flow numbers listed in the stock calibration, and the number achieved by some just by changing a pulley, headers, intake work and a tune.

Thanks guys

You can do a ton of stuff before changing injectors let alone the pump.
    2001 Z06 - 417 LS3 - LPE CNC LS3 heads - LPE GT-11 cam - ARH 1 7/8" - LPE C6 intake - RPM 3.73 diff - tuned with HP Tuners
    2008 Silverado 5.3 - Dynatech LT headers - Volant Cool Air intake - 280whp/303wtq - tuned with HP Tuners

www.davenportmotorsports.com