Thread: IAT Sensor Calibration

Tuner in Training cornerburner27's Avatar

IAT Sensor Calibration

I am using a GM MAF sensor (Pt#15865791 which has the integrated IAT sensor. Also using 100mm housing) in place of the original MAF sensor and IAT sensor that came on my F-Body. I am wondering how to address the IAT Sensor Calibration table.

Within HP Tuners
    Engine Diagnostics-->Airflow-->IAT Sensor-->IAT Sensor Cal

Does this table need to be reformatted? If so, how would I go about doing this?

Thanks
    "Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."
    -Steve McQueen, Le Mans

Tuner in Training
    I would first check the reading's threw the scanner and if it seems way off as in ambient outside temps are 90* and it is showing 75* IAT then it is probably not right..

Tuner in Training cornerburner27's Avatar
    That would be a clear indication. Although I'm curious about the method of getting it to read the exact temp.
    "Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."
    -Steve McQueen, Le Mans

I would look up what vehicles that MAF came with and dig up a tune from the repository. If you want to validate it I would use one of those BBQ grill temp probes next to the IAT and your wife's hair dryer. But I seem remember the old f-body IAT cal table looking really weird, like temp VS percentage of something.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game