Thread: 0411pcm swap 4WD low wont shift

0411pcm swap 4WD low wont shift

96 chev truck 5.7 Vortech..with Vortec supercharger, headers, etc...runs great. thanks for the help to Bill at HPtuners for getting me on the right track with the real time tuning....anyway, everything is great but when truck is put into 4WD low range, it doesnt shift through the gears, just 1st gear...I assume the pcm has no clue it is in 4wd low and still looks for the part throttle shift MPH which it never gets to.......anyone run into this and have a cure??????

Going to have to run a ground wire to the 4x4 signal wire at the pcm dont have a diagram in front of me, but install a toggle switch in that circuit to ground.

Thanks For Your Input, Just Got To Find Which Pin It Is And Test. Makes Sense Though...

c2 16

didnt work, tested the switch for giggles-its fine.....anybody???anybody??

Quote Originally Posted by dynoguy View Post
    didnt work, tested the switch for giggles-its fine.....anybody???anybody??
    Few things to check

Do you have two vss sensors or just one? one on the transmission and one on the transfer case.

DTC P1875 is set to 3 no error reported.

DTC P0500 is set to 3 no error reported.

If your manually shifting you need to change the D1, D2 Transmission settings.

We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

After looking a little closer I am not finding a 2002 express van with a 4x4 option. may have to do a segment swap with a 4x4 os to make the ecu function with the setup you have. I am not sure if it can be done but you could ask Bill.

Advanced Tuner
    Let me know if you do the tow/haul switch and how that works.
    My setup is a 356ci with a 260/268 (212/218 at .050 lift) duration cam with aluminium corvette heads and flat top pistons running 11.3 comp. ratio. with tuned port injection and vortec crank pick up and dizzy running a 411 pcm and 60lb bosch injectors, 1.6 ratio roller rockers. For transmission its a 4l65e built with the monster in a box mega ss kit. All in a 92 chevy ext cab 4x4 pickup with a 98 cab now installed with a third door! running only e85

Quote Originally Posted by wyochimneysweep View Post
    Let me know if you do the tow/haul switch and how that works.

The tow/haul/performance switch will work fine on a car/truck that had the factory switch. For those without it, 0411 style pcm blue pin 71 to a momentary switch the other side of switch to ground. Change all of your performance tables as desired. The transmission will have no engine drag/braking effect, or will feel as it neutrals out when off the throttle.

I am working on a fix for it now so non-equipped 0411 style pcms vehicles are able to change tunes on the fly. (complete tunes) If we get enough intrested people that is.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Google View Post
    The tow/haul/performance switch will work fine on a car/truck that had the factory switch. For those without it, 0411 style pcm blue pin 71 to a momentary switch the other side of switch to ground. Change all of your performance tables as desired. The transmission will have no engine drag/braking effect, or will feel as it neutrals out when off the throttle.

I am working on a fix for it now so non-equipped 0411 style pcms vehicles are able to change tunes on the fly. (complete tunes) If we get enough intrested people that is.

I'm sure there is quite a few. efilive has been able to get it done.
    My setup is a 356ci with a 260/268 (212/218 at .050 lift) duration cam with aluminium corvette heads and flat top pistons running 11.3 comp. ratio. with tuned port injection and vortec crank pick up and dizzy running a 411 pcm and 60lb bosch injectors, 1.6 ratio roller rockers. For transmission its a 4l65e built with the monster in a box mega ss kit. All in a 92 chevy ext cab 4x4 pickup with a 98 cab now installed with a third door! running only e85

Advanced Tuner
    I don't use 4wd low yet so didnt know of the problem. would like to have a 4wd table and a tow/haul table