Thread: tuning 09 cobalt ss/tc with mods

tuning 09 cobalt ss/tc with mods

im tuning a customers ss/tc the mods it had is
    * AEM C.A.I
    * injen upper hard piping
    * hahn 3'' exhaust
    i tuned it a bit. but i think i can do it a lil better. I tuned the Lambda at .88
    the Timing at 15. and i changed the Intake Cam. this is my first time messing with a ss/tc and i was wondering if i can do more with the mods

Without seeing the file/log, there is no way of telling.....

P&P Tuning

'09 cobalt ss. hahn intercooler, intake, cp,catless downpipe, ottp stage 2 mounts, hptuners, gmpp 3bar tmap sensors, hybrid hp tuned

Quote Originally Posted by imphat0260 View Post
    Without seeing the file/log, there is no way of telling.....
    my bad

The fuel trims are horrendous.. #1 is get that inline. #2 is use a correct CFG file to log it

Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    The fuel trims are horrendous.. #1 is get that inline. #2 is use a correct CFG file to log it
    so i have to make sure it stays away from the negitive right? ahd what is the CFG file?

also when my timing advance goes to negitive that means i need to adjust the timing advance to where it never hits in negitive is that correct?

Why dont you use the file in the repository as a guide? I wouldn't tune someone else's car as a guinea pig
    '09 cobalt ss. hahn intercooler, intake, cp,catless downpipe, ottp stage 2 mounts, hptuners, gmpp 3bar tmap sensors, hybrid hp tuned

Quote Originally Posted by '09SS View Post
    Why dont you use the file in the repository as a guide? I wouldn't tune someone else's car as a guinea pig
    i looked at it and used some of it but that tune was based on stock no mods.
    that site you gave me help me out alot so thanks for that one i need to rescan the car and see how it looks and ill go from there thanks alot

Quote Originally Posted by '09SS View Post

I used someone else car as a guinea pig to learn the lnf tuning besides reading all the lnf threads around here lol. Did read back yards tuning thread?

the stock parts tune would be a perfect place to start since it will be pretty conservative for mods

There are CFG's posted in the Histo and CFG thread, sticky at the top of the section.

Others are right tho, this is a different animal then any other fuel injected car, def do some research BEFORE touching the car. Especially since it isnt your car.

Shabby's config is a good one to start with.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Advanced Tuner
    Whoa someone is letting you tune their car? If they ever see all your others post on here they'd be rip shit.
    1994 Mazda Miata turbo, aero, hoosiers Class=SSM

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!