Thread: 42 lb green top injectors

42 lb green top injectors

Hi All,

I sent a PM to Greg, but fully understand that he is busy and may not get back in a timely fashion. I Have a 2001 C5 on the dyno which we decided to put green top injectors in specifically to take advantage of good "known" data from the DVD I purchased. I knew the quality of the tune would be that much better and issues like decel, etc should line up much better with this data. I checked, rechecked, and checked again that my data is correct in all fields, but find myself close to 40% lean with this data and the green tops. Fuel pressure is correct, maf table is bang on (LPE 100 - as per their table) and the tune was quite close before with known good injectors. The only change was the injectors, and populating all the tables accordingly. Car runs in maf only mode. WHat I found surprising is that after searching other threads, I can see at least 3 other people who have this exact 40% lean issue. I'm fully expecting the issue to be on my end, but now that I see three others with the same issue, am starting to question the data provided as well. Hoping others can chime in with information. I will gladly post the tune, but don't want to have issues with letting info out publically that Greg may not appreciate.

Much appreciated.

This means nothing. Just because your prior setup was good, doesn't mean the tune was correct for the parts you had installed. His data for these injectors is very close if you were to install them in a bone stock vehicle and just put his data and the injectors in the car, especially a C5. I used his data with good success. I'd look at the MAF data if you're running lean.
    2001 Z06 - 417 LS3 - LPE CNC LS3 heads - LPE GT-11 cam - ARH 1 7/8" - LPE C6 intake - RPM 3.73 diff - tuned with HP Tuners
    2008 Silverado 5.3 - Dynatech LT headers - Volant Cool Air intake - 280whp/303wtq - tuned with HP Tuners

www.davenportmotorsports.com

Advanced Tuner
    Every 42lb injector data ive entered has been extremely lean. The 30lb red tops are the same way. Most of your problem is the LPE maf. None of their supplied maf tables work all that great. Retune the maf table.

thanks guys. So based on this information, I should be able to swap in an LS6 maf with stock LS6 tables, and get within 10%? I realize the maf could still be off at that point, but likely not 40%.... agreed?